1. This is the Lord's Oracle regarding the surrounding* lands, and Darmasuq* its communion,* because it is to the Lord that mankind has revealed and so have all the dynasties of Israel.
2. Even Khamath* [shows] concern for her, and Tsor* and Saidun* are well served by her.
3. And Tsur* built herself a treasure from plunder* and she gathered silver like dirt and gold like the filth of the streets.
4. Because of that the Lord shall make her disappear* and cast her wealth into the sea, and she shall be devoured by fire.
5. Ashqalim* shall see it and succumb, and Azzah* shall be recalled also,* and Iqqrun* [also,] whose hope shall be besmirched, and the king shall disappear from Azzah* and Ashqalun* shall not be settled.
6. And foreigners shall settle in Ashdod, and the arrogance of the Pelishtayeh* shall be wiped out.*
7. And their blood shall pass from their mouths* and their defilement [shall pass] from between their teeth,* and they shall also become a remnant to our God,* and they shall become like the great ones of Judea, and Iqqun* shall be like Ibbrun.*
8. And there shall occupy my house a representation from those that pass over and those that do settle, and the slave master shall not pass over them again, because now I have see it with my own eyes.
9. Rejoice well, O daughter of Zion and shout, O daughter of Jerusalem, behold your king shall come to you, Holy and Savior, and gentle, riding on a donkey and a colt, the foal of an ass.
10. And he shall make the chariot vanish from Aprim* and the horse from Jerusalem; he shall break the bow of war and speak peace to the nations; and he shall have authority from sea to sea and from the river* to the edges* of the earth.
11. And you also by the blood of your covenant shall release the prisoners from the cavern with no water.*
12. The prisoners of the congregation were [carried off as] plunder and settled in there; however, "I shall repay you two days for each one [you lost.]
13. "For I stretched my bow against Judea and filled Aprim, and I cast your sons, O Zion, against your sons, O Yawan,* and I made you like the sword of giants."
14. And the Lord shall reveal himself to them* and his arrows shall emerge like lightning and the Lord of lords shall be called out by the horns and he shall go forth to the South like a hurricane.
15. And the Almighty Lord shall protect them, and they shall smash stones and shoot them with slingshots,* and they shall drink tumult like wine, and they shall be filled like the receptacle and the corner of the altar.
16. And their Lord God shall save his people on that Day, as they are his sheepfold, because it is holy stones that they shall cast upon His earth.*
17. How good and how beautiful are the [river] fords for the young men and the wine that makes the maidens smile!
*9:1.1 Lit. Ar. id.: "Khidrakh."
*9:1.2 Lit. Aramaic name retained: "Damascus."
*9:1.3 Lit. Ar. id.: Or: "Offering."
*9:2.1 Lit. Aramaic name retained: "Hamath." ("Concerned.")
*9:2.2 Lit. Aramaic name retained: "Tyre."
*9:2.3 Lit. Aramaic name retained: "Sidon." ("Hunted."
*9:3.1 Lit. Aramaic name retained: "Tyre."
*9:3.2 Lit. Ar. id.: "Booty," or "spoils of war."
*9:4 Lit. Ar. id.: "Oblivionate her."
*9:5.1 Lit. Aramaic name retained: "Ashkelon."
*9:5.2 Lit. Aramaic name retained: "Gaza."
*9:5.3 Lit. Ar. idiomatic expression: "To a good extent," or "well."
*9:5.4 Lit. Aramaic name retained: "Ekron."
*9:5.5 Lit. Aramaic name retained: "Gaza."
*9:5.6 Lit. Aramaic name retained: "Ashkelon."
*9:6.1 Lit. Aramaic name retained: "Philistines."
*9:6.2 Lit. Ar. id.: "Oblivionated."
*9:7.1 Lit. Ar. idiomatic expression retained: "They shall be spared (forgiven) their murdering ways."
*9:7.2 Lit. Ar. idiomatic expression retained: "They shall be forgiven for eating the animals sacrificed to other gods."
*9:7.3 Lit. Aramaic word: "Allahan."
*9:7.4 Lit. Aramaic name retained: "Ekron."
*9:7.5 Lit. Ar. idiomatic construction retained: "And the Roots (Children) shall become like the Passover (Children)." NB! Play on the significance of the names of the cities. "Ibbrun," possibly "Hebron."
*9:10.1 Lit. Aramaic name retained: "Ephraim."
*9:10.2 NB! All the rivers.
*9:10.3 Lit. Ar. id.: "Lips."
*9:11 NB! Prophecy regarding the proffering of the Faith in Eashoa (Jesus) by the Jewish disciples and apostles of Eashoa (Jesus).
*9:13 Lit. Aramaic name retained: "Greece."
*9:14 NB! Reference to the Disciples and Apostles of Eashoa (Jesus).
*9:15 Lit. Ar. idiomatic construction: "Hammer [down] and snatch stones with sling."
*9:16 NB! Reference to the Disciples and Apostles of Eashoa (Jesus).
Zechariah Index | Aramaic Bible Index