1. And the manifestation of the Almighty Lord was upon me to declare:
2. Thus said the Almighty Lord, "I carried a great zeal on account of Zion, and I carried it with great wrath."
3. Thus said the Lord, "I shall establish Zion and I shall settle in Jerusalem, and Jerusalem shall be called the holy city, and the mountain of the Almighty Lord shall be called the holy mountain."
4. Thus said the Almighty Lord, "There will yet be old men and old women sitting in the market places* of Jerusalem, and a man will sit with his cane* in his hand on account of his advanced age."
5. "And the streets of the city shall be full of boys and girls frolicking, [frolicking] in her streets."
6. Thus said the Almighty Lord. "If this is a lot in the eyes of many of the people here, it is a lot in my eyes as well," said the Almighty Lord.
7. Thus said the Almighty Lord, "Behold, I shall save my people from the Lands* of the Setting* Sun.*
8. "And I shall bring them and settle them into Jerusalem, and they shall be for me a nation and I shall be for them the God, in reality and in holiness."*
9. Thus said the Almighty Lord, "There shall be strengthened the hands of all who listen in those days to these oracles from the mouths of the prophets, from the Day that I consecrated the establishment of the Temple of the Almighty Lord for them to build it.
10. "Because before these days and before this season, there were no wages for human beings* and neither for the animal, nor to the one that went out and entered -- there was no peace from the persecutor, and, behold, I had all humanity hire each [other every] man paid the wages of his companion.
11. "Yet now I shall not be like in the first days toward the remnant of this nation," said the Almighty Lord.
12. "For the offspring* shall come forth through peace and the vine shall yield its fruit and the earth shall produce its dews, and the skies shall provide their shades, and I shall do for the rest of the nation all these things.
13. "Just as you were cursed by the nations,* O House of Judea and O House of Israel, so will I save you and so will I bless you, and your hands shall be made strong and you shall be unafraid."
14. Because thus said the Almighty Lord. "As I was supposed to do you evil when your ancestors angered me," said the Almighty Lord, "and I did not return.
15. "Thus I shall return and think in think in these days and be good to Jerusalem and the House of Judah [instead] -- fear not.
16. "Heed* these oracles, let every man speak in earnest to his companion, and judge honestly, justly and peacefully at your gates.*
17. "And let no man [among you] contemplate evil in his heart against his companion, and [let no man] have a propensity toward false testimony, because I hate all these things," said the Almighty Lord.
18. And the manifestation of the Almighty Lord was upon me to declare:
19. Thus said the Almighty Lord, "Let the fourth month be for fasting -- the fifth, the seventh and the tenth months, as well; let them be feasts of celebration, joy, and blessed holidays for the House of Judah, imparting justice, peace and mercy."*
20. Thus said the Almighty Lord, "How then there will come the nations, the inhabitants of great cities.
21. "And they shall go and settle one with the other,* and they shall say, 'Once again let us go down and pray [on our knees] before the Lord, and beg the Almighty Lord: Let me also go.'"
22. And there shall come many nations, and powerful nations, to beseech the Almighty Lord in Jerusalem and they shall pray [on their knees] before the Lord.
23. Thus said the Almighty Lord, "On those days ten men from each of the languages of the nations,* [shall take hold] of the garments of the Jewish men and say to them, "Let me go with you, because we have heard that God is with you."*
*8:4.1 Lit. Ar. id.: "Streets."
*8:4.2 Lit. Ar. id.: "Staff."
*8:4.3 Lit. Ar. id.: "Many days."
*8:7.1 Lit. Ar. id.: Or: "Earth."
*8:7.2 Lit. Ar. id.: Or: "East."
*8:7.3 Lit. Ar. id.: Or: "Earths."
*8:7.4 Lit. Ar. id.: "Lands of sun settings."
*8:7.5 Lit. Ar. id.: Or: "West."
*8:8 NB! Prophecy regarding Eashoa (Jesus) coming to the World and the establishment of His Church in Jerusalem.
*8:10 Lit. Ar. id.: "Son of Man."
*8:12 Lit. Ar. id.: "Seedling."
*8:13 NB! Cursed by the non-Jews.
*8:16.1 Lit. Ar. id.: "Perform."
*8:16.2 Lit. Ar. idiom retained: Or: "Borders."
*8:19 Lit. Ar. idiomatic construction: "Thus said the Almighty Lord, "Let the fourth fast, the fifth fast, the seventh fast and the tenth fast, let them be of celebration, joy and good holidays for the House of Judah, justice, peace and mercy."
*8:23.1 Lit. Ar. id.: "Tongues of nations."
*8:23.2 NB! Prophecy about the disciples of Eashoa (Jesus) who led the nations to the Faith in Eashoa (Jesus) the Messiah.
Zechariah Index | Aramaic Bible Index