1. Then* I turned around, raised my eyes and saw four chariots that emerged from between two mountains, and these mountains were mountains of bronze.
2. In the first chariot there were reddish horses, in the second chariots there were dark horses,
3. In the third chariot there were multi-colored horses.
4. And I responded and said to the angel who spoke through me, "What are these, my lord?"
5. The angel replied and said to me, "These are the four heavenly spirits that stand before the Lord of all the earth,
6. In which there are the dark horses that go out to the land of the North, and the multi-colored go out to the land of the South."
7. And the reddish ones went out and wished to go around the earth, and he said to them, "Go and [run] about the earth;" and [thus] they did go about the earth.
8. Then* he cried out and said to me, "Look these that have gone out to the land of the North; they shall bring my spirit to rest in the land of the North."
9. And the manifestation of the Lord was upon me to declare:
10. Take from the exiles* that came from Babylon -- Kholdi, Tobiah, Yadaiah, then* come on that Day and enter the house of Youshiah son of Sapnaiah.
11. Take his silver and his gold and make a wreath and consecrate it on the head of Eashoa (Jesus) son of Youzaddeq the High Priest.
12. And say to him, "Thus said the Almighty Lord, behold, a man -- and his name shall be Sunrise* -- and he shall rise from beneath."
13. And it is he who shall build the Temple of the Lord, and it is he who shall receive glory,* and sit and rule upon his throne and he shall be the King of Peace between them both.
14. And the wreath shall be for Kholdi, Tobiah, Yadaiah, and Youshiah son of Sapnaiah as a memorial [offering] in the Temple of the Lord.
15. And there shall come those from afar* and build the Temple of the Lord, so that you will know that it is the Almighty Lord who sent me to you -- if you listen to the voice of your Lord God.
*6:1 Lit. Ar. id.: "And."
*6:8 Lit. Ar. id.: "And."
*6:10.1 Lit. Ar. id.: "Captives," or "those who were taken into captivity."
*6:10.2 Lit. Ar. id.: "And."
*6:12 Lit. Aramaic name: "Dinkha."
*6:13 Lit. Ar. id.: Or: "Praise."
*6:15 Lit. Ar. idiom retained: "Those who have strayed."
| Aramaic Bible Index