1. Then* the angel who spoke through me returned and brought me to, like a man who has awakened from a [deep] sleep.
2. And he said to me, "What did you see?" And I said, "I saw a menorah of gold and a little stone on top of her, with seven candles* upon it and seven [of] seven mouths* to the candles that are in it.
3. "And there were two olive [branches] upon her, one from the right of the little rock and one from its left."
4. And I replied and said to the angel who spoke through me, "What are these, my lord?"
5. The angel spoke through me and said to me, "Do you not know what they are?" And I said, "I do not know, my lord."
6. And he said to me, "These oracles of the Lord regarding Zerubabel are not by power nor by might, except they are [according] to my spirit, said the Almighty Lord.
7. "What are you, a great mountain before Zerubabel? Except a valley, and to bring forth the corner* stone of providence and mercy."*
8. And the manifestation of the Lord was upon me to say,
9. "The hands of Zerubabel have consecrated the foundations of the house here and his hands have obeyed Him, so as you may know that it is the Almighty Lord who has sent me to you."
10. For those who denigrate the small days* shall gaze and see the Stone of Selection* in the hands of Zerubabel -- these are the seven eyes of the Lord that gaze upon all the earth.
11. I replied and said to him, "And what are these two olive [branches] from the right of the Little Stone and from its left?"
12. I replied a second season* and said to him, "And what are these two olive seedlings that are between the two nostrils* of gold from which they draw* the gold?"
13. And he said to me, "Do you not know what they are?" And I said to him, "No, my lord."
14. And he said to me, "These are the two sons of anointing that stand before the Lord of all the earth."
*4:1 Lit. Ar. id.: "And."
*4:2.1 Lit. Ar. id.: "Lamps," or "lights."
*4:2.2 Lit. Ar. idiom retained: "Flames."
*4:7.1 Lit. Ar. id.: "Healing," "crowning," "topping," or "excellence."
*4:7.2 NB! Reference to the Coming of the Messiah Eashoa and the role He will play in establishing the Church.
*4:10.1 Lit. Ar. idiomatic construction: "Without those."
*4:10.2 Lit. Ar. id.: Or: "Stone of Division."
*4:12.1 Lit. Ar. id.: Or: "Second time."
*4:12.2 Lit. Ar. id.: "Noses."
*4:12.3 Lit. Ar. id.: "Cut."
Zechariah Index | Bible Index