1. And he showed me Eashoa (Jesus,) the Great High Priest, as he stood before the angel of the Lord, and Satan stood from his right in order to strike him.*
2. And the angel of the Lord said to Satan, "Satan, the Lord shall rebuke you, he shall rebuke you as he has chosen Jerusalem -- that is [with] the rod he has pulled out from the fire.*
3. And Eashoa (Jesus) wore blood-soaked* garments, as* he stood before the angel of the Lord.
4. Then,* the angel replied and said to those standing before him, "Take away* from him the blood-soaked garments." And he said to him, "Look, the abomination has passed away from you, and I shall array you in blessed garments."
5. And he said, "Consecrate a pure wreath on his head and clothe him with blessed garments, and the angel of the Lord shall stand there."
6. And the angel of the Lord shall testify concerning Eashoa (Jesus) and say:
7. Thus said the Almighty Lord, "If you shall go according to my way and if you shall observe my commandments, you shall judge my house and guard my courtyards, and I shall grant you to walk among these that are standing here.
8. "Hear this, O Eashoa (Jesus) the Great High Priest, you and your companions here that stand before you, for they are men of wonders, that, behold, I shall bring to my servants' Salvation.*
9. "For, behold, the stone that I set before Eashoa (Jesus,) there are seven eyes upon this stone, [for] behold, I shall open up her doors," said the Almighty Lord, "and I shall wipe out her abomination, [the abomination] of the earth on that Day.
10. "On that Day," said the Almighty Lord, "each man shall call on his companion underneath the vine and underneath the fig [tree.]"
*3:1 NB! Prophecy regarding Satan's role in the Crucifixion of Eashoa (Jesus.)
*3:2 NB! Continued reference to Eashoa (Jesus.)
*3:3.1 Lit. Ar. id.: "Wounded," or "besmirched."
*3:3.2 Lit. Ar. id.: "And."
*3:4.1 Lit. Ar. id.: "And."
*3:4.2 Lit. Ar. id.: "Pass from him."
*3:8 Lit. Ar. id.: "Sunrise," "germination," or "shoot."
Zechariah Index | Bible Index