1. Then* I raised my eyes and saw a man with a measuring instrument in his hand.
2. And I said to him, "Where are you going to?" And he said to me, "To measure Jerusalem and see what is her length and what is her width."
3. And the angel who spoke through me went out and another angel came [to meet] him on the way,
4. And he said to him, "Run and tell that youth, 'Jerusalem sits [astride its sprawling countryside] on account of the plentitude of humanity and animals that are in it.'
5. "And I am in it," said the Lord, "as a wall of fire; it is [for the sake] of glorification that I am in it."
6. "Or, or* run away from the Land of the North," said the Lord; "for I shall scatter you to the four spirits* of the sky,"* said the Lord.
7. Or Zion shall be taken captive,* the inhabitants of the Daughter of Babylon.
8. Because thus said the Almighty Lord, "It was on account of honor that He sent me to the nations [of the world] that [held] you in captivity, and [thus] whoever receives* you, they are receiving* the apple of my eye.
9. "For, behold, I am the Lord, my hand is upon them, and their works* are carried away into captivity and you shall know that it is the Almighty Lord that has sent me.
10. "Give praise and be glad, O daughter of Zion, because, behold, I am coming and I shall sojourn in you," said the Lord.
11. And many nations* shall have their reliance* on the Lord on that Day, and they shall become a nation for him, and He shall settle in you, and they shall know that it is the Almighty Lord that has sent me to you.*
12. And the Lord shall inherit Judea obligingly, for it is the Land of his holiness, and he shall once again make Jerusalem his choice.*
13. And all flesh shall be in submission before the Lord, who shall be recognized from the highest of his holiness.*
*2:1 Lit. Ar. id.: "And."
*2:6.1 Lit. Ar. idiomatic expression: "Or then."
*2:6.2 Lit. Ar. idiom retained: Or: "Winds."
*2:6.3 Lit. Ar. id.: Or: "Heaven."
*2:7 Lit. Ar. id.: Or: "In the exile."
*2:8.1 Lit. Ar. id.: "Communes with."
*2:8.3 Lit. Ar. id.: "Communes."
*2:9 Lit. Ar. id.: "Idols."
*2:11.1 NB! All Eastern Churches, such as the Ashurai, the Armenians, the Chaldeans, the Copts, the Ethiopians.
*2:11.2 Lit. Ar. id.: Or: "Cling."
*2:11.3 NB! Reference to the Coming of Eashoa (Jesus.)
*2:12 NB! Prophesying about Eashoa (Jesus.)
*2:13 NB! Eashoa (Jesus) glorified by the Father.
Zechariah Index | Bible Index