1. Behold, the Day* of the Lord shall come and your plunder shall be divided within you.
2. And all the nations* shall be swept toward Jerusalem for war, and the towns shall be conquered and the houses plundered and the women ravished*, and half the towns shall be carried off into captivity, yet* half the nation shall remain.*
3. And the Lord shall go out and fight with those nations, like the Day he fights on a Day of Battle.
4. And his legs shall stand on the Mount of Olives, which will be facing Jerusalem on the East, and there shall split off the Mount of Olives, half of it to the East and half of it to the West, and there shall [open up] a great big* gorge in it, and half the mountain shall lay over to the North and the [other] half shall lay to the South.
5. And you shall run toward the mountain's gorge, because the torrents of the mountains shall cause tribulations, and you shall flee from the earthquakes* like you fled from the earthquakes* that occurred in the Days of Uzziah,* King of Judea; and my Lord God shall enter with all his saints with him.
6. In it, on that Day, there shall be no light, except frost and ice.
7. And it shall be one Day, and that Day shall be known to the Lord; [it shall have] neither night nor day, and in the evening it shall be light.
8.* In it, on that Day, there shall emerge the Living Waters* from Jerusalem, half of them to the Eastern sea and half of them to the Western sea, in summer and in winter.
9. And the Lord shall be king on all the earth on that Day, the Lord shall be One and His Name shall be One.
10. And they shall circle the whole earth like an explosion,* from Geba and until Rimmon in the South of Jerusalem, which* shall be elevated and set in its place, from the Gate of Benjamin and until the area of the first gate, and until the Corner Gate, and from the Tower of Hananeil, and up to the winepress of the king.
11. And they settle in her, and there shall be no more cursing,* and Jerusalem shall sit calmly.
12. And this was the plague with which the Lord shall strike all the nations that attack Jerusalem: their flesh shall waste away while standing on their feet, their eyes shall sink into their sockets [and disappear,] and their tongues shall shrivel up in their mouths.
13. In it, on that Day, there shall be a great, prodigious [spirit] of the Lord in them, and a man will take on his companion and hold his hand to the hand of his friend.*
14. And even Judah shall fight in Jerusalem and gather the cattle of all the nations that surround him -- gold, silver, and fine clothing aplenty.
15. And likewise will be the burden* of the horses, mules, camels, donkeys, and all the animals that shall be in encampments [surrounding Jerusalem,] like these.
16. And it shall come to be that all those who remain, of all the nations who come to Jerusalem, that they shall come up to Jerusalem year after year* to worship the King Almighty Lord and perform the Feast of the Tabernacles.
17. And it shall be that from all those tribes of the earth, those [individuals] that do not come up to Jerusalem, to worship the King Almighty Lord, no rain shall fall on them.*
18. And if [those of] the tribes of Egypt do not take up and come up, also upon them the Lord shall inflict the same punishments* that He inflicted upon the nations, those that did not come up to perform the Feast of the Tabernacles.
19. And this [indeed] shall be the sin of Egypt and the sin of all the nations, of those that will not come up to perform the Feast of the Tabernacles.
20. In it, on that Day, there shall be a holy insignia on the horse's headstall for the Lord, and [the horses] shall become the sanctified vessels of the house of the Lord, like the platen before the altar.
21. And every vessel of offering in Jerusalem and Judea shall be sanctified for the Almighty Lord, and all those who come to make the sacrificial offering shall take them up and cook in them, and there shall be no Canaanite in the house of the Almighty Lord on that Day.
*14:1 NB! Prophecy regarding the Day Eashoa (Jesus) would come to the World centuries later during the time that Rome will have conquered Judea and occupied it.
*14:2.1 NB! Reference to the fact that the Roman legions were conscripted from all the conquered nations of the world in that age.
*14:2.2 Lit. Ar. id.: Or: "Raped."
*14:2.3 Lit. Ar. id.: "And."
*14:2.3 Lit. Ar. idiomatic construction: "Not disappear from the towns."
*14:4 Lit. Ar. id.: "Good."
*14:5.1 Lit. Ar. id.: "Shaking."
*14:5.2 Lit. Ar. id.: "Upheaval."
*14:5.3 Lit. Aramaic name retained: "Josiah."
*14:8.1 NB! The beginning of the Apostolic Age.
*14:8.2 Lit. Ar. idiom retained: "Waters of Eternal Life."
*14:10.1 NB! The spreading of the Faith by the Disciples of Eashoa (Jesus.)
*14:10.2 Lit. Ar. id.: "And it."
*14:11 Lit. Ar. id.: "Acts of Excommunication," or "anathematization."
*14:13 NB! Start of the Apostolic Mission.
*14:16 Lit. Ar. id.: "Pilgrimage."
*14:17 NB! Prophecy regarding those people that will remain in the Wilderness.
*14:18 Lit. Ar. id.: Or: "plagues."
Translated by Victor Alexander©2010 August 13th, 7:08 AM.
Zechariah Index | Bible Index