1. Ask the Lord for rain when the season is late and the Lord shall give you showers, but* [ask for] rain during the rainy season and he shall give you the rain that grows the grass even in the wilderness.
2. Because the young men spoke abominably and the fortune tellers predicted* lies and [foretold] of false dreams and offered empty [promises;] that is why they were [led away] like sheep and became forlorn* as they had no shepherd.
3. "My anger flared up against the shepherds* and I shall command the circumcised." For the Almighty Lord shall order his circumcised of the House of Judah,* and he shall make them like the horse that remains calm in battle.*
4. From them [shall emerge] the cornerstone,* from them [shall emerge] the spike, from them [shall emerge] the bow of war, and from them shall emerge all their authorities in one accord.*
5. And they shall be like the men that tread on the mud in the streets; they shall do battle with the sword, for the Lord shall be with them and they shall put the knights on horseback to shame.*
6. "And I shall empower the House of Judah and save the House of Joseph and return them, because I am merciful toward them and they shall be like I had never lost them, because I am the Lord God who shall shepherd* them."
7. And they shall become like the giants of Aprim, and their heart shall be glad as if from wine, and their children shall see and be happy and their hearts shall celebrate the Lord.
8. "I shall suck them up and gather them, because I will save them, and they shall proliferate as they were [once] plentiful [in the past.]
9. "And I shall sow them among the nations, and they shall give praises to me in distant lands,* and they shall feed their children, and they shall return.*
10. "And I shall return them from the land of Egypt and I shall gather them from Ashur, and I shall bring them to the land of Gilead and Lebanon and they will not hold them."*
11. And Tribulation shall drown* in the Sea and the hurricanes shall return to the Sea, and all the depths of the River shall be put to shame, and the exultations of the Ashurai shall be voided and the authority of the Egyptians shall come to pass.
12. "They shall be strengthened in the Lord and through His Name they shall have hope," said the Lord.*
*10.1 Lit. Ar. id.: "And."
*10.2.1 Lit. Ar. id.: "Saw."
*10.2.2 Lit. Ar. id.: Or: "Helpless."
*10:3.1 Lit. Ar. id.: "Shepherding."
*10.3.2 NB! Reference to to His Disciples and Apostles.
*10.3.3 Lit. Ar. id.: "This is noble in war."
*10.4.1 Lit. Ar. id.: "Corner."
*10.4.2 Lit. Ar. id.: "As one."
*10.5 NB! Reference to the Apostles of Eashoa (Jesus) in their battle to spread the Faith. Their weapon will be the Holy Spirit.
*10.6 Lit. Ar. idiomatic expression: "Herd them."
*10.9.1 Lit. Ar. id.: "Countries."
*10.9.2 NB! Reference to the Apostles.
*10.10 NB! Reference to the Children of the Lord.
*10:11 Lit. Ar. id.: "Pass through."
*10:12 NB! Reference to the Apostles of Eashoa (Jesus.)
Zechariah Index | Aramaic Bible Index