1. And I saw on the right of the one who sat on the throne a book, that was written from the inside and from the outside* that was stamped* with seven seals*.
2. And I saw a powerful angel preaching with a great voice, "Who is worthy to open the book and explain* the seven seals?"
3. And no one could, up in heaven, and neither on earth, and nor below the earth, as to open the book, nor gaze into it.
4. And I wept a great deal because no human [being] was found to be worthy to open the book or to gaze into it.
5. And one of those priests said to me, "Do not cry, behold, victorious is the Lion of the generation of Judah, the root of David; he will open the book and its seven seals.
6. And I saw and behold in the balance* of those priests, a Lamb that stood as [though] divided*, that has seven horns and seven eyes, these that are the seven Spirits of God, those that are sent to all the earth.
7. And he came and held* the book from the right of the one sitting on the throne.
8. And as he took hold of the book, the four life forms and those twenty-four priests, fell before the Lamb, while each one of them held* a harp* and an [incense] vessel [made] of gold, full of incense, these that are the prayers of the saints.
9. And they glorified the New Testament glory as they proclaimed* that,
"Worthy are you to consecrate* the book,
And in opening its seals,
Since you have sacrificed* yourself,
And bought us for God
By your blood,
From every generation and tongue
And nation and motherland*.
10. "And you made them to our God
Kings and priests,
And they shall rule the earth."
11. And I saw and heard [something] like the voice of a great many angels around the throne, and the life forms and the priests, and their numbers were in the millions of millions and thousands of thousands,
12. Proclaiming in a great voice, that,
"Worthy is the sacrificed Lamb,
Power and wealth and wisdom,
...and glory and blessing."
13. And every creation that is in heaven and on earth and below the earth and in the sea, and all that is in them, (and) they heard the one sitting on the throne say,
"To the lamb is given
...blessing and honor
And glory and Supremacy
...over the universes
of all the universes."
14. And the four life forms said,
And [all] those priests fell [down] and worshipped.
5:1*Lit. Ar. id.: "Back."
*Lit. Ar. id.: "Sealed."
*Lit. Ar. id.: "Stamps."
5:2*Lit. Ar. id.: "Untie."
5:6*Lit. Ar. idiom retained. "Midst."
*Lit. Ar. id.: "Cut up."
5:7*Lit. Ar. id.: "Set in."
5:8*Lit. Ar. idiomatic construction: "As there is for one one of them."
*Lit. Ar. id.: "Guitar."
5:9*Lit. Ar. id.: "Told."
*Lit. Ar. id.: "Pant," or "hold to," or "[have] power to."
*Lit. Ar. id.: "Cut up."
*Lit. Ar. id.: "Oomta": "origin of the mother."
5:12*Lit. Ar. id.: "Plant," "command" or "establish."
5:14*Lit. Ar. id.: "Indeed!"
Revelation chapter 6 | Revelation Index | Supporters Index