Revelation chapter 4
1. After I saw these [things,] (and) behold, an open
door in heaven and the first voice that I heard speaking like a trumpet
to me, saying to me, "Ascend [up] to here and I will show you [the
things] that I have sanctified to occur after these [things.]"
2. At once I was born* in the Spirit, and behold,
the throne* was consecrated in heaven and on the throne he sat.
3. And he who sat [there] resembled the stone of
jasper and carnelian in appearance, and the bow of clouds surrounded
his throne, with the brilliance* of emeralds.
4. From around the throne [there stood] twenty-four
thrones* and on those thrones [there] sat twenty-four priests* that
were dressed in white robes*, and, on their heads, gold wreaths.
5. And from the throne emerged lightning and sounds
of thunder, and seven torches* of fire burned before his throne, these
that are* the seven Spirits of God.
6. And before his throne a sea of glass that
resembles crystal and in the balance of the throne and around it and
before it, four life forms*, full of eyes in front and back of them.
7. And the first life form resembles a lion and the
second life form resembles a calf and the third life form has a face*
like a human being and the fourth life form resembles a flying eagle.
8. And all four life forms, every one of them, have
six wings around themselves and from inside, full of eyes, and they
have no rest day and night from saying,
"Holy, holy, holy,
The Lord God, Supreme over all.
He who Becomes and
He who Is and
He who Comes."
9. And when these life forms gave glory, honor and
thanksgiving to the one sitting on the throne, to the one who lives to
[the end of] the universes of [all] the universes* [;]
10. Those twenty-four priests* fell before the one
who sat on the throne, and worshipped the one who lives to [the end of
the] universes of [all] the universes, and they threw their wreaths
before the throne, as they said,
"Worthy are you
Our Lord and God who is holy,
To receive glory, honor and power,
For you created all
And through you they came into being,
And because of your will
They were born and were created."
4:2*Lit. Ar. id.: "Became."
*Lit. Ar. id.: "Chair."
4:3*Lit. Ar. id.: "Appearance."
4:4*Lit. Ar. id.: "Chairs."
*Lit. Ar. id.: Or: "elders."
*Lit. Ar. id.: "Clothing."
4:5*Lit. Ar. id.: "Lamps."
*Lit. Ar. id.: Or: "represent."
4:6*Lit. Ar. id.: Or: "Animals."
4:7*Lit. Ar. id.: "Persona."
4:9*Lit. Ar. id.: "Infinity."
4:10*Lit. Ar. id.: Or: "elders."