Revelation chapter 3
1. And to the angel of the church of Sardis, write:
These are [the things] that says He who has the Seven Spirits of God,
and those seven stars: I know about your works, that you have [made] a
name [for yourself] that you are alive, and you were dead.
2. Hold the vigil and guide those others who were
going* to die. I have not found such* fulfilled* services before my
3. Recall then how you were consecrated and
received* [the gift of Faith,] and [provide] guidance, and repent. And
if you do not thus hold the vigil, I shall come upon you like a thief,
and you will not know at what hour I shall come upon you.
4. Except you have a few names in Sardis, those that
did not soil* their garments, and they walk with me in white [robes]
since they came [to me] worthy.
5. Thus the victor
...shall be attired in white garments,
And their name
...shall not be deleted
......from the book of Life,
And they shall be acknowledged
...by their names before my Father
......and His angels."
6. Whoever has ears,
...should listen to what the Spirit
......is telling the churches.
7. And to the angel of the church of Philadelphia, write:
These are [the things] that says
He who is Holy,
Who is the Truth,
Who has the Key of David,
The one that opens and no human locks
And that which he locks and no human opens:
8. I know of your works, and behold, I placed before
you an open door, that which no human can close, since you have little
strength, and you [observed and protected] my manifestation, and you
did not blaspheme against my name.
9. Behold, I am presenting from the synagogue of
Satan those who call themselves "Jews" and are not, except they are
liars. Behold, I will make them come and worship at your feet, so that
they know that I loved you.
10. Since you obeyed my manifestation of hope, I
will [then] protect you against the hour of devastation* that is
destined to come upon all the inhabitants of the world*, to teach a
lesson* to those that dwell on the earth.
11. I shall come quickly. Protect* what you have, so
that no human should chance upon your wreath [and steal it.]
12. The victor
I shall make them
...pillars in my temple of God,
Never to be thrown out,
...and I will write upon it
......my name of God,
And of New Jerusalem
...that descends* from heaven
......before my God,
And of my name
...that which is new!
13. Whoever has ears,
...should listen what the Spirit
......is telling the churches.
14. And to the angel of the church of Laodicia, write: These are [the things that] says:
The Amen, the Witness, the Faithful, the Truth, the Head* of God's creation:
15. I know of your works that are neither hot nor cold. Wish you were cold or hot.
16. [But] since they are* lukewarm, neither hot nor cold, I am preparing* to reprimand you.
17. For you say that you are rich and getting
richer, and you have no need of anything; but, you do not know that you
are confused, demonic, blind and barren.*
18. I advise you to buy from me gold that is forged
in fire, that which [truly] enriches, and white clothing to dress you
up, and [so as] the shame of your nakedness is not seen [by everyone,]
and rub ointment [over] your eyes, so as you may see.
19. To whomever I am merciful I redress and reprove.* Thus, bear [my advice] and repent.
20. Behold, I am before the door knocking.
If a human [being] hears my sound
...and opens the door,
I shall enter to them and dine with them
...and they with me.
21. And the victor
...shall be given to be seated with me
On my throne*,
...just as I was victorious
And sat with my Father on His throne.
22...Whoever has ears,
Should listen to what the Spirit
...is telling the churches.
3:2*Lit. Ar. id.: "Preparing."
*Lit. Ar. id.: "Those."
*Lit. Ar. id.: "Completed."
*Lit. Ar. idiom retained. "The God that I am."
*Lit. Ar. idiomatic construction retained. "I do not see any of these servants before me."
3:3*Lit. Ar. id.: "Heard."
3:4*Lit. Ar. id.: "Immerse."
3:10*Lit. Ar. id.: "Loss."
*Lit. Ar. id.: "All habitation."
*Lit. Ar. idiomatic construction: "To [provide] experience for."
3:11*Lit. Ar. id.: "Lock [away.]"
3:12*Lit. Ar. id.: "Rests [down.]"
3:14*Lit. Ar. idiom retained. "Chief."
3:16*Lit. Ar. id.: "You have."
*Lit. Ar. idiomatic expression: "Give you of my mouth."
3:17*Lit. Ar. idiomatic construction: "And you do
not that you are confused [or lack fortitude] and possessed by demons
[or mentally week] and poor and blind and naked."
3:19*Lit. Ar. id.: "Cloth and approve."
3:21*Lit. Ar. id.: "Chair."