1. And he showed me the river of the Living Waters, immaculate as crystal, that emerges from the throne of God and that Lamb.
2. In the middle of its wide way and on the river from this side and that, [there is] the Tree of Life, that brings forth* twelve [kinds] of fruit, (that brings forth) in every month every one of its fruits, and the leaves of the Tree for the wisdom of the nations.
3. And nothing shall ever wither,* and the throne of God and that Lamb shall be in it, and his servants* shall serve him.
4. And they shall see his face, and their name shall be on their forehead*.
5. And night shall not occur again, and neither shall they need the light of the lamp, nor* the light of the sun, for the Lord God shall be their light,* and they shall reign to [the end of] the universes of all the universes.
6. And he said to me, "These manifestations are faithful and true."* And the Lord God of the spirit of the saints sent me his angel to show his servants* these [things] that are destined to occur soon.
7. " 'And, behold, I am coming soon.' Blessed is the one who upholds the manifestations of the prophesy of this book."
8. And I too, John, the one who heard and saw these [things,] (and) as I heard and saw, I fell at his feet, to worship before the angel, who showed me these [things.]
9. And he said to me, "Look, no! I am your companion, and [of] your brothers the prophets, and of those who uphold the manifestations of this book. Worship God."
10. And he said to me, "Do not close the manifestations of the prophesy of this book for that age* is soon approaching*.
11. "The [worker] of abomination will be abominable still, and the depraved shall be depraved still, and the righteous shall do righteous acts still and the saint will be sainted still.
12. " 'Behold, I am coming soon,
...and my recompense with me,
To repay everyone
...according to their works.
13. ' I am the Alap and the Tau*,
...the First and the Last,
The Beginning* and the End*.'
14. "Blessed are they who perform
...according to his commandments,
So as they may have claim*
...over the Tree of Life,
And [so that] they may enter
...through the gates of the City.
15. "Outside--dogs and witches,
...(and) prostitutes and murderers,
And idol makers*
...and every lying hypocrite.*"
16. "I Jesus sent my angel
...to witness to you,
Who [stand] before the churches.
...I am that root
And genesis of David,
...like that immaculate star,
That morning [star.]
17. "And the Spirit and the Bride
...are saying, 'Come!'
And the one who hears [all,]
...is saying, 'Come!'
And whoever thirsts, shall come
...and whoever is willing*,
Shall be granted*
...the Living Waters* free."
18. "I am witnessing to everyone who hears the manifestations of prophesy of this book. If a human being augments* their [message,] God will bring over them the plagues that are written of in this book.
19. "And if a human being reduces from the manifestations of this book of prophesy, God will reduce their share of the Tree of Life, and of that holy city, these that are written of in this book."
20. Says the one who witnesses to these, "Indeed, I am coming soon! Amen."
Come, Lord Jesus!
21. The blessing of Jesus Christ to all* the saints, Amen.
22:2*Lit. Ar. id.: "Makes."
22:3*Lit. Ar. idiomatic construction: "And all withering shall not be again."
*Lit. Ar. id.: "Slaves."
22:4*Lit. Ar. id.: "Between their eyes."
22:5*Lit. Ar. id.: "And."
*Lit. Ar. idiomatic expression: "Light them," or: enlighten them.
22:6*Lit. Ar. idiomatic figure of speech: "Faithfuls and truths."
*Lit. Ar. id.: "Slaves."
22:10*Lit. Ar. id.: "Season."
*Lit. Ar. id.: "Nearing."
22:13*The last letter of the Aramaic alphabet.
*Lit. Ar. id.: "Head."
*Lit. Ar. id.: "Conclusion."
22:14*Lit. Ar. id.: "Authority."
22:15*Lit. Ar. id.: "Workers [in,]" or: idolaters.
*Lit. Ar. idiomatic expression: "Show mercy and [yet] do falsehood."
22:17*Lit. Ar. id.: "Satisfied."
*Lit. Ar. idiomatic expression: "Shall receive satisfaction of."
*Lit. Ar. id.: "Water of Life."
22:21*Lit. Ar. idiomatic figure of speech: "With all of."
Revelation Index | Supporters Index
"Revelation" -- translated by Victor Alexander ©1997 Library of Congress of the United States of America.