1. After this I heard a great voice of a huge crowd in heaven, saying,
"Halleluia!* Salvation and power
...and glory and honor to our God,
2. "For just* and righteous
...are his judgments,
Because he has judged
...that great prostitute,
That one who corrupted
...the earth with her fornication,
And who brought the blood
...of her own servants
3. And a second time they said,
"Halleluia!" And the smoke of her [pyre] was rising forever*.
4. And the twenty-four priests fell, and the four life forms, and they worshipped the God who sits on the throne, as they said, "Halleluia!"
5. And a voice emerged from the throne that said,
"Glorify our God,
...all [you] his servants*,
And those who submit to him
...to the small and the great."
6. And I heard like the sound of a great crowd, and like the sound of great waters, and like the sound of powerful thunders, saying,
Since he reigns [in Kingship,]
Our Lord God,
...the One and Only for all.
7. "Let us be happy and rejoice*,
...and give him glory,
For it has arrived
...the wedding of that Lamb,
And his bride*
8. "And he has given her therefore
...to be dressed in fine linens,
Pure and clean,
...for those fine linens
Are the blessings
...of the saints."*
9. And he told me, write,
"Blessed are they
...who are called
To the wedding feast
...of the Lamb."
And he told me, "These words* of mine are God's truth*."
10. And I fell at his feet to worship him, and he said to me, "Look! No! I am your companion [in service] and of your brothers, those who possess* the testimony of Jesus. Worship God, for that testimony of Jesus is the spirit* of prophesy."
11. And I saw heaven opened
...and behold the white horse,
And the one seated on it,
...[who is] called: "Faithful and True,"
And [who] judges and wages war
...through his righteousness.
12. And his eyes are like
...the flames of fire,
And on his head,
...a tiara of crowns,
Who has the titles that are written*,
...and the name that is written,
That which no human [being] knows,
...except for him.
13. And he wore the robe
...that is drenched in blood,
And who calls his name,
The God Manifest.
14. And the armies in heaven,
...follow him on white horses,
And they are dressed
...in clothes of white
......and clean linen.
15. And from his mouth
...emerges the sharpened sword,
with the two edges,
With which he strikes
And he shall shepherd the nations
...by the rod of iron,
And he squeezes the winepress
...of the vine,
......of the ferment of God,
The One and Only for all.
16. And he has on his robe
...and on his thigh
......the titles written,
"King of Kings" and "Lord of Lords."
17. And I saw an angel as he rose in heaven and cried out in a great voice, as he said:
To all birds in the midst of heaven,
Come, gather to the Great feast of God,
18. So as to eat the flesh of kings,
And the flesh of generals*,
And the flesh of warriors*,
And the flesh of horses and their riders,
And the flesh of all the children of the free
And the slaves and the small and great.
19. And I saw that demon and the kings of the world and their armies, as they gathered to do battle with the one on the horse and his armies.
20. And the demon was hunted down and the false prophet with him, the one who performed those miracles before him, by which were lost those who took on the mark of the demon and the ones who worshipped his image. And while alive they were both thrown into the sea of fire that burns like* brimstone.
21. And all the others were killed by the sword of the one who sat on the horse, by that which emerges from his mouth, and all the birds [of prey] ate their fill of their flesh.
19:1*Lit. Ar. idiomatic figure of speech: "Give him praise!"
19:2*Lit. Ar. id.: "True."
19:3*Lit. Ar. id.: "To [the end of] the universes of all the universes."
19:5*Lit. Ar. id.: "Slaves."
19:7*Lit. Ar. id.: "Brighten up."
*Lit. Ar. id.: "Woman," or : wife.
*Lit. Ar. idiomatic figure of speech: "Is pleased she."
19:8*Lit. Ar. idiomatic construction retained. Or: "Are the rewards of sainthood."
19:9*Lit. Ar. id.: "Manifestations."
*Lit. Ar. id.: "Truths."
19:10*Lit. Ar. id.: "Have."
*Lit. Ar. idiom retained. Or: "Essence."
19:12*Lit. Ar. idiomatic construction retained. Or: "He holds [is famous for] many titles [written names], but has one name."
19:18*Lit. Ar. id.: "Heads of thousands."
*Lit. Ar. id.: "The powerful."
19:20*Lit. Ar. id.: "With."
Revelation chapter 20 | Revelation Index | Supporters Index