Revelation chapter 13
1. And [the dragon] stood on the sand of the sea,
and I saw that demon* rising out of the sea, that has ten horns and
seven heads, and on its heads the names of blasphemies.
2. And the demon that I saw resembled a tiger and
his feet were like those of a bear and his mouth was like the mouth of lions, and the
dragon gave it his power and his throne and great authority.
3. And one of its heads, as though cut and dying,*
and from under its own death it pulled through;* and the whole world*
was enthralled in the wake of that demon.*
4. And they worshipped the dragon, since it gave authority to that demon, and who could do battle with him?
5. And he was given a mouth to utter abominations*
and blasphemies, and he was given authority to do so forty-two months.*
6. And he opened his mouth to blaspheme against God,
to blaspheme against His name and His Abode, and [against] those who
dwell in heaven.
7. And he was given authority over all generations
and nations and tongues and peoples* and he was given [authority] to do
battle with the saints and to defeat* them,
8. And they worshipped him, all of them who dwelled
on earth, those whose name is not written in the book of Life, of the
Lamb who was sacrificed* from the foundations of the universe.
9. If a human [being] has ears, [then] listen.
10. If a human [being] takes captives,
...by captivity he is taken,*
If a human [being] kills by the sword,
...he is destined to be killed
......by the sword.
This is the justification* for the hope
...and faithfulness of the saints.
11. And I saw another demon* that rose from the
earth, and he had two horns resembling those of a ram, and he spoke as
12. And all the powers* of that first demon he
performed before them, and he made the world* and those who dwell in it
so that they would worship that first demon, the one who became healed
from under its own death.*
13. And he performed grandiose* signs, whereas even fire fell* from the sky over the earth, before humanity;
14. And he misleads* those who dwell on earth to be
the slaves of the image of that demon, the one who had been struck by
the sword and had lived.
15. And it was given to him to impart a spirit to
the image* of that demon, and to command* that all those who* do not
worship the image of that demon to be killed.
16. And he enslaved them all, the small and the
famous* and the rich and the poor and the children of the free and the
slaves, whereas to be given a mark* on their right hands or between
17. So that no one* could sell or buy, except he who has the mark of that demon or the number of his name.
18. Here there is wisdom, whoever has a mind* should
count the number of that demon [,] for it is the number of a human
being. And his number is six hundred and sixty-six.
13:1*Lit. Ar. id.: "Inhuman creature," or : anti-man.
13:3*Lit. Ar. idiomatic expression: "Cut to death."
*Lit. Ar. idiomatic expression: "Pushed out."
*Lit. Ar. id.: "Earth."
*Lit. Ar. idiomatic construction: "Was amazement after that inhuman creature."
13:5*Lit. Ar. id.: "Nonsense."
*During the ministry of Jesus.
13:7*Lit. Ar. id.: "Motherlands."
*Lit. Ar. id.: "Be victorious [over.]"
13:8*Lit. Ar. id.: "Cut up." Or: consecrated.
13:10*Lit. Ar. id.: "By highway takes."
*Lit. Ar. idiomatic expression: "For this occurs."
13:11*Lit. Ar. idiomatic figure of speech: "Carnivorous Creature."
13:12*Lit. Ar. id.: "Authority."
*Lit. Ar. id.: "Earth."
*Lit. Ar. idiomatic expression retained. "Who nearly died."
13:13*Lit. Ar. id.: "Boisterous."
*Lit. Ar. id.: "From below."
13:14*Lit. Ar. id.: "[Leads] to oblivion."
13:15*Lit. Ar. id.: Or: "idol."
*Lit. Ar. id.: "Enslave."
*Lit. Ar. id.: "If."
13:16*Lit. Ar. id.: "Grand."
*Lit. Ar. id.: "Authorization," "certification," "stamp," "seal," or "commission."
*Lit. Ar. id.: "Foreheads."
13:17*Lit. Ar. id.: "No human [being.]"
13:18*Lit. Ar. id.: "Brain."
Revelation chapter 14
| Revelation Index
| Bible Index