1. And I was given a [measuring] reed that resembled a staff, and [there] stood the angel as he said, "Rise and measure* the temple of God, and the altar and to those that worship in it.
2. "And the courtyard that is outside the temple, leave it out,* and do not measure it, for it is given to the nations, and the holy city, they shall trample [it down] forty-two months.*
3. "And I shall give two of my witnesses and they will prophesy one thousand, two hundred and sixty days while dressed in sack cloth.
4. "These are the two olive [trees] and the two menorahs, those that stood before the master of the world.
5. "And if a human [being] would attempt to harm them,* fire emerges from their mouth and devours their enemies, and if a [human] chooses to do so,* then he is destined* to be killed [by them.]
6. "They have the power* to seize* the sky so that no rain rains in those days, and they have power over the water to turn them to blood, and to strike the earth by all plagues*, as often as they please.*
7. "And when they have concluded their testimony, and the carnivorous creature that ascends out of the [fiery] abyss, shall do battle with them, and conquer* them.
8. "And their corpses [will be] on the wide streets of the great city, that which will be called spiritually Sodom and Egypt, where their own master was also crucified.
9. "And they saw, those* nations and generations and peoples and tongues, their corpses [for] three and a half days, and their corpses were not allowed* to be set* into the grave.
10. "And those who dwell on earth will rejoice over them and make merry and send gifts to each other [;] since the two prophets condemned* those who dwelled on earth.
11. "And after these three and a half days, the spirit of life from God descended* into them, and they stood on their legs, and total paralysis* fell over all those who saw them.
12. "And they heard a great voice from heaven that told them, 'Ascend to here,' and they ascended to heaven on a cloud, and their enemies saw it.
13. "And at that moment*, there was a great earthquake, and one tenth of the city fell, and there were killed in the earthquake seven thousand names of human beings, and the rest were in total submission and gave glory to God."
14. That second woe went, and behold the third woe came quickly.
15. And the seventh angel blew. And there were voices and thunders that declared*, "May it come, the kingdom of the people of our Lord and his Anointed One, an may he rule to [the end of] of the universes of all the universes!"
16. And the twenty-four priests, those standing before the throne of God, who sit on their chairs, fell on their faces, and worshipped God [,]
17. As they said,
"We acknowledged you, Lord God,
...the One and Only Supreme [over] all,
He who Is,
He who Becomes,
For you have established your power,
O, Ruler and King.*"
18. And the nations became angry
...and there came your wrath,
And the time* of the dead
...to be judged,
And to repay the wages
...of your servants*
To the prophets and the saints,
...and to those that submit*
To your name,
...to the small and to the fortunate*.
And to confound
...those who disrupted* the earth,
19. And the temple of God
...was opened in heaven,
And the ark of the covenant
...was seen in the temple,
And there was
...lightning and thunder
...and a great earthquake
11:1*Lit. Ar. id.: Also: "anoint."
11:2*Lit. Ar. idiomatic expression: "Exit from to out."
*Length of ministry of Jesus on earth.
11:5*Lit. Ar. idiomatic expression: "Was satisfied to lower to demean [or to break or hit] them."
*Lit. Ar. idiomatic expression: "Is satisfied to hit."
*Lit. Ar. idiomatic figure of speech: "A blessing for him."
11:6*Lit. Ar. id.: "Authority."
*Lit. Ar. id.: "Take."
*Lit. Ar. id.: Or: "Calamities."
*Lit. Ar. idiomatic expression: "All seasons that (if) they be satisfied."
11:7*Lit. Ar. id.: "Be victorious [over.]"
11:9*Lit. Ar. id.: "From."
*Lit. Ar. id.: "Left."
*Lit. Ar. id.: "Consecrated."
11:10*Lit. Ar. id.: "Executed." Or: "tormented to death."
11:11*Lit. Ar. idiomatic figure of speech: "Handled [over them.]"
*Lit. Ar. id.: "Great submissiveness."
11:13*Lit. Ar. idiomatic figure of speech: "Hour."
11:15*Lit. Ar. id.: "Spoke."
11:17*Lit. Ar. idiomatic construction: "Your great [power] and you reign in [Kingship.]"
11:18*Lit. Ar. id.: "Season."
*Lit. Ar. id.: "Slaves."
*Lit. Ar. id.: "Submit in fear."
*Lit. Ar. idiomatic figure of speech: "Lords of plenty."
*Lit. Ar. idiomatic figure of speech: "Mix up and whip around."
Revelation chapter 12 | Revelation Index | Supporters Index