1. And I saw a powerful angel that came down from heaven who was granted* a cloud and a cloud halo* over his head, and his face* [was] like the sun and his legs like pillars of fire.
2. And he has in his hand a little opened book, and he set his right leg over the sea, but the left on the earth.
3. And he cried out in a great voice, as the lion roars, and as he cried [out,] the seven thunders spoke in their own voices.
4. And as the seven thunders spoke, I prepared to write, and I heard a voice from heaven that said, "Conclude* what the seven thunders spoke and of that do not write."
5. And that angel that I saw, as he stood over the sea and over the earth, raised his right hand to heaven,
6. And swore by the one who lives to [the end of] the universes of all the universes, the one who created the heaven and those that are in it, and the earth and those that are in it, and the sea and those that are in it--that time* should no longer exist.*
7. Except in the days of the seventh angel, when he is prepared to blow, (and) God's sermon shall be fulfilled as it was established for his servants*, the prophets.
8. And the voice that I heard from heaven, spoke to me again and said, "Go and take the little book that I opened by the hand of the angel who stands over the sea and over the earth."
9. And I went to the angel, as I told him to give me the little book, and he said to me, "Take and eat it and it will hurt your stomach, except in your mouth it will be sweet as honey."
10. And I took the little book from the hand of the angel and I ate it, and in my mouth it became sweet as honey, and as I ate it my stomach hurt.
11. And he said to me, "You have been sanctified again to prophesy over nations and over peoples and their heads and great kings."
10:1*Lit. Ar. id.: "Had plucked."
*Lit. Ar. id.: "Bow."
*Lit. Ar. id.: "Visage."
10:4*Lit. Ar. id.: "Seal up."
10:6*Lit. Ar. id.: "Season."
*Lit. Ar. idiomatic construction: "That season not again be."
10:7*Lit. Ar. id.: "Slaves."
Revelation chapter 11 |
Revelation Index |