1. "In that season," said the Lord, "I shall be the God of all the tribes of Israel and they shall be for me a nation."
2. Thus said the Lord, "The nation that was delivered from the sword found mercy in the wilderness, whence Israel went into captivity."
3. From afar the Lord saw me and said to me, "With an eternal* love I have loved you, because of this I rescued you unto grace.
4. "Again I shall rebuild you and the virgins of Israel shall be restored;* again you shall be adorned with jewels and enter into the synagogue of the celebrants;
5. "Once again you shall plant a vineyard on Mount Shamreen,* planting well and singing hymns.*
6. "For that Day is destined [to come] when the Protectors* on Mount Aprim shall say, 'Let us rise and go up to Zion to our Lord God.'"
7. For thus said the Lord, "Sing joyous hymns, O House of Jacob, and celebrate at the head of the nations, obey* and praise [the Lord,] saying, 'You are the Savior of your nation, O Lord, the remnant of Israel.'
8. "Behold, I shall bring them [back] from the land of the North and gather them from the edges* of the earth, together with the cripples and the blind amongst them, with the one who conceives and gives birth [with them also,] a great multitude shall return here.
9. "They shall go in tears,* but they will return in joy; I shall fetch them by water ways and [guide them] over established routes whence no one will bother them, because I shall be a Father to Israel and Aprim shall be my male heir."
10. They did hear the manifestation* of the Lord, his nation, and they did regard the circumcised far away and say, "He who scattered Israel shall gather him, and he shall protect him like a shepherd protects his circumcised."*
11. For the Lord shall save Jacob, his servant, and deliver him from the hands of those who oppress him.
12. They shall come and sing hymns on the heights of Zion, and they shall be blessed by the Lord's bounty, with grain, wine, oil, sheep and cattle, and their souls shall be like irrigated gardens, and they shall not worry about being ravished again.
13. "Then the Virgin shall rejoice in her gladness, together with the kids and the elderly and I shall turn their wailing to joy; I shall succor them and release them from their demons;
14. "And I shall imbue the soul of the high priests with unction, and my people shall be satiated with my blessings," said the Lord.
15. Thus said the Lord, "A voice shall be heard on Ramtha, wailing and bitter weeping -- Rachel crying over her sons and she does not wish to be consoled because they cannot be found."*
16. Thus said the Lord. "Hold back your voice from crying and your eyes from shedding tears, because there is recompense for your tears," said the Lord, "for they shall return from the land of the enemies."
17. "But there is hope for you in the end,"* said the Lord, "when the children* return to their districts.*
18. "For I truly heard Aprim as he cried out* and said, 'I was like a calf that cannot be caught; you caused me to repent and I repented, because you* are my Lord God.'
19. "For after I repented, I was succored, and after I acknowledged, I found rest; I was [exposed] in shame, yet I was also clothed,* because I had to accept the harvest of my youth.
20. "He is a precious son to me -- Aprim -- and a beloved boy, because in the season that I criticized him I nevertheless remembered him, that is why my mercies were upon him and I was indeed merciful to him," said the Lord.
21. "Raise up your flags and repent in the wilderness, set your heart upon the wholesome path; repent O Virgin of Israel," said the Lord, "and settle in these towns of yours."
22. "Until when will you be divided [against yourself,] O, repentant, daughter? Because a new Lord shall be born on the earth; females shall love the husband."
23. Thus said the Almighty Lord, the God of Israel: "Henceforth they shall declare this oracle* in the land of Judah and its towns when I return their captives, the Lord shall consecrate you a holy century, a holy mountain,
24. "And they shall settle in it Judah and all the towns shall be as one, circumcised farmers and shepherds [alike.]
25. "For every soul that is thirsty shall become drunk and every soul that is hungry shall be satiated.
26. "That is why I [opened my eyes] and saw and my sleep had made me [feel better.]
27. "Behold, there shall come Days," said the Lord, "when I shall [plant] the seed for the House of Israel and for the House of Judah, the offspring of the Son of Man and the offspring of the Animal.
28. "And as I counseled them, to uproot them, to unravel and eject them, to disappear and become oppressed, thus I shall [also] validate them, to build and plant them," said the Lord.
29. "In those Days, they shall not say again, 'The parents ate the meat; the children's teeth ached.'
30. "Except, a man dies by his [own] sins, any man who eats the meat, his [own] teeth shall ache."*
31. "Behold, there shall come Days," said the Lord, "that I will inaugurate* for the House of Israel and the House of Judah a New Covenant.
32. "Not like the Covenant that I set up* with their ancestors on the Day that I took them by the hand and led them out of the land of Egypt, because those Covenants of mine have been retired, although they were [according to my plan] also," said the Lord.
33. "Except this Covenant with which I shall consecrate the House of Israel, following this Day," said the Lord, "shall usher in my Law among them and upon their hearts I shall write it, and I shall be for them the God and for me they shall be a nation.
34. "And they shall not teach again, a man to his brother and a man to his friend, and say, 'Know the Lord,' because they shall all know me, from their small ones to their elders," said the Lord, "for I will forgive their debt* and their sins I shall not recall again."*
35. Thus said the Lord, who provided the sun to light the day* and the moon to reflect* the light and the stars to light the night, who shouts at the sea and its waves calm down -- the Almighty Lord is his name.*
36. "If these reflecting [bodies] disappear* from my sight,"* said the Lord, "also the offspring of Israel shall be retired as they did not become a nation for me all the Days."
37. Thus said the Lord. "If they can measure the heavens from above and size the foundations of the earth from below, I too can denigrate the offspring of Israel on account of everything they have done," said the Lord.
38. "Behold, there shall come Days," said the Lord, "and there shall be built a city for the Lord, from Hananeil's Tower until the Corner Gate."
39. And there shall emerge again the measuring line before her upon the Heights of Ghareb and it circles the hill,
40. And all the depth into which are cast the sawdust and ashes, and [all the way] to the Oasis of Kidron and up to the corner of the Cavalry* Gate shall lay down in peace and hallow the Lord -- [none of them] shall again be uprooted nor stricken ever again.*
*31:4 Lit. Ar. id.: "Rebuilt."
*31:5.1 Lit. Aramaic name retained: "Samaria."
*31:5.2 Lit. Ar. idiomatic construction: "Planting plant and hymn-ing."
*31:6 Lit. Ar. id.: "Guards" or "Observers [of the Law.]"
*31:7 Lit. Ar. id.: "Listen."
*31:8.1 Lit. Ar. id.: "Lips."
*31:10.1 Lit. Ar. id.: "Utterance."
*31:10.2 Lit. Ar. idiom retained: "Branded [flocks]."
*31:15 Lit. Ar. id.: "They have not" or "are not."
*31:17.1 Lit. Ar. id.: "To your end" or "in your old age."
*31:17.2 Lit. Ar. id.: "Sons."
*31:17.3 Lit. Ar. id.: "Provinces" or "place of origin."
*31:18.1 Lit. Ar. id.: "Hearingly."
*31:18.2 Lit. Ar. idiomatic construction: "Make me worthy O Lord, and you made me worthy.
*31:18.3 Lit. Ar. id.: "You" is plural here.
*31:23.1 Lit. Ar. id.: "Utterance" or "instruction."
*31:23.2 Lit. Ar. id.: also: "Abode."
*31:30 Lit. Ar. id.: "Become acerbic."
*31:31 Lit. Ar. id.: "Raise."
*31:32 Lit. Ar. id.: "Raised."
*31:34.1 Lit. Ar. id.: "Dereliction of duty."
*31:34.2 NB! Prophesy about the Disciples and Apostles of Eashoa (Jesus), the ultimate Nation of Israel.
*31:35.1 Lit. Ar. id.: "Immama."
*31:35.2 Lit. Ar. id.: Or: "To govern" the role of leadership.
*31:35.3 NB! About regarding Eashoa (Jesus.)
*31:36.1 Lit. Ar. id.: "Pass away."
*31:36.2 Lit. Ar. idiomatic expression: "From before me."
*31:40 Lit. Ar. id.: "Again to eternity" or "to [the end of the] universe."
Jeremiah Index | Bible Index