1. The manifestation* was upon Jeremiah before the Lord, and he said,
2. "Thus said the Lord God of Israel, write all the instructions* that I told you into the Scripture.
3. "Because, behold, there shall come days," said the Lord, "when I shall return the captives of my nation Israel and Judah, said the Lord, "and I shall return them to the land that I gave their ancestors and they shall inherit it."
4. So these are the oracles that the Lord uttered over Israel and Judah.
5. Thus said the Lord, "It is the sound of earthquake* that you shall hear and there will be no peace.
6. "You shall ask and look to see if it is an heir* that is born, for wherefore will you see every man with his hands on his body like a birther and all faces shall be turned toward the holocausts.*
7. "Woe, he shall be the Master of the Day and there is none like him, though it shall be a season of distress for Jacob; nevertheless is shall be on account of him that he shall be saved.*
8. "And on that Day," said the Supreme Lord, "his yoke shall be broken from your neck and your noose shall be cut down, and the foreigners shall not be slaves to them.
9. "Except they shall work for their Lord God and David their king whom he shall raise for them.
10. "But you, fear not my servant Jacob," said the Lord, "and be not broken O Israel, that, behold, I saved you from afar and your offspring* from the land to which you were taken captive, and then Jacob shall settle and come to rest, and he shall have no one badgering him.
11. "However,* you fear not, my servant Jacob," said the Lord. "Because I am with you so as to save you," said the Lord, "because I shall reduce the number* of all the nations where I have scattered you; but as for you, I shall not reduce your number, and you shall find my judgment acceptable,* for as to victory they shall not be victorious."
12. Because thus said the Lord, "Your illness shall be broken, and your punishment shall be cut down.
13. "There shall be no one [left] to judge you, no one to help you or heal you.
14. "All your relations are seeking you and want your soul, because of the plagues of the enemies have spared your life and your profound* discipline, over your increased duties, but* your sins accumulated on account of you did not repent.
15. "Wherefore you shall wail over your brokenness? It is painful to me that which I must do on account of your [dereliction of your] duties and the overabundance of your sins -- that is why I shall do this to you.
16. "Because of that all your devourers shall be devoured and all you enemies shall be taken by captivity and shall become yours for trampling,* and all your plunderers shall be plundered.
17. "Because I shall bring up a healing for you and I shall heal you of your plagues,"* said the Lord. "Because they have called you from afar, 'Zion, she that has no one devoted to her.'"
18. Thus said the Lord, "Behold, I shall return the captives of the House* of Jacob and I shall restore him as of old, and upon his household* I shall have mercy, and a city shall be built upon his hills, and divination through his sanctification shall be earned.
19. "And from them will emerge the hymns of faith,* and the voices of glorification; I shall increase them and they shall not become small; I shall make them heroic* and they shall not be reduced.
20. "And their children shall be like before,* and their holidays shall be celebrated before me, and I shall keep in check* all those who oppressed them.
21. "And their king shall be from themselves and their authority shall emerge from within themselves, and they shall offer him [as sacrifice] and he shall offer himself to me, because his heart shall turn to me," said the Lord.*
22. "And you shall be my nation and I shall be your God.
23. "Behold, his storm goes out in its wrath, and the storm turns into a hurricane and falls on the heads of the depraved,
24. "The wrath of his anger does not subside,* until the Lord has acted and until he inaugurates the intentions of his heart; at the End of Days they shall become apparent in him."
*30:1 Lit. Ar. id.: "Oracle."
*30:2 Lit. Ar. id.: "Commandments," or "Oracles."
*30:5 Lit. Ar. id.: "Shaking."
*30:6 NB! Prophesy regarding Jesus.
*30:7 Lit. Ar. idiomatic construction: "Woe, that greater He [that] Day He and there is none like him, and season of consternation He is to Jacob, and from him he be saved."
*30:10 Lit. Ar. id.: "Seed."
*30:11.1 Lit. Ar. id.: "And."
*30:11.2 Lit. Ar. id.: "Perform a shrinking."
*30:11.3 Lit. Ar. id.: "Favorable."
*30:14.1 Lit. Ar. id.: "Redundant."
*30:14.2 Lit. Ar. id.: "And."
*30:16 Lit. Ar. idiomatic construction: "For your trampling they shall be for trampling."
*30:17 Lit. Ar. id.: "Beatings."
*30:18.1 Lit. Ar. id.: "Tent," or "Household."
*30:18.2 Lit. Ar. id.: "Tent."
*30:19.1 NB! Prophesy regarding the preaching of the Faith in Jesus.
*30:19.2 Lit. Ar. id.: "Deeper," "thicker," "intensify," or "profoundly endowed."
*30:20.1 Lit. Ar. id.: "As of old."
*30:20.2 Lit. Ar. id.: "Command."
*30:21 NB! All regarding Jesus.
Jeremiah Index | Bible Index