Jeremiah 31. "If a man leaves his wife, and she goes away from him and becomes [the wife] of another man; then, if he returns to her again, behold, they shall be defiled -- the very soil beneath their feet* shall be defiled -- yet you fornicated with so many fornicators ... but, return to me," said the Lord.
2. "Lift your eyes and look at the paths -- where did you not defile yourself? You sat on the roads waiting like a polluted well* in the wilderness, you defiled the earth with your adultery.
3. "And because of your wickedness the sprinkling [of the blood of sanctification] was no longer practiced,* and the blessings came to an end,* and with the eyes of an adulterous wife you regarded me,* and you did not wish to cover them up.*
4. "Now, why are you calling me 'Father,' and [saying,] 'you have nurtured me since my infancy?
5. " 'Why, will you not protect me forever, will you not look after me to eternity?' Yet, behold, you have spoken and committed evil, and also through your pretensions [you have committed evil.]"
6. The Lord said to me in the Days of Youshia* the king, "Look what the inhabitants of Israel have done? They have gone to every high mountain and under every sprawling tree, and they have fornicated there.
7. "And they said after they did all these things that they will stay with me but did not, and then Judea [Israel's sister] saw the estrangement.
8. "And she saw all that transpired. And as a consequence of the prostitution of Israel's settlement, she was abandoned and the letter divorcing her was given to her, but Judea was not frightened by the estrangement of her sister; she went off and she too committed adultery.
9. "And because she was promiscuous, her harlotry defiled the earth; she even committed adultery with stone and wooden [idols.]
10. "And after all these, her sister Judea did not come back home to me with all her heart, except through lies," said the Lord.
11. Then the Lord said to me, "[Nevertheless] the settlement of Israel has sanctified* herself more than her estranged sister Judea.
12. "Go and preach these revelations* in the North, and say, 'Repent, O, Settlement of Israel,' says the Lord; 'I have not let my face* grow cold toward you, for I am merciful,' says the Lord, 'and my condemnation is not forever.'*
13. "Now, then, admit* your sins, that you sinned against your Lord God; how you lost your ways with foreigners under every sprawling tree and you did not heed my voice," said the Lord.
14. "Repent, O, Children of Repentance,* so I may be pleased with you and fetch one of you from the town and a second one from the tribe, thus I will bring you to Zion.
15. "I shall give you shepherds* that will shepherd you through knowledge and schooling.
16. "And it shall come to pass* that they shall increase and proliferate on earth in those Days," says the Lord. "They shall neither recite the Ark of Commandments of the Lord,* nor shall [the words of the Scriptures therein] rise in their hearts; they shall neither recall, nor service it, nor commit to it again.
17. "In it, in that season, they shall [nevertheless] call Jerusalem the Lord's Throne, and all the nations shall hallow the name of the Lord and they shall follow the desires of their evil hearts again.
18. "In those Days, those of the House of Judea and the House of Israel shall come as one from the Land of the North to the land that was the inheritance of their ancestors.
19. "And I said that I counted you as children and gave you a choice land and the inheritance of powers and the might of nations, and I commanded you to call me 'Father', yet you did not come back and follow me.
20. "As fervently as the wife lies about her [male] friend, thus lie the Children of Israel," says the Lord.
21. "A voice was heard upon the paths, the crying and prayers of the Children of Israel, whose paths meandered and who lost [track of] their Lord God.
22. "Repent, O, Children of the Repentants, and you shall be healed through your repentance; and they, therefore, declared, 'Behold, we are yours, because it is You who Is our Lord God.'
23. "Truly the heights and the might of the mountains are all delusions;* for truly the Salvation of Israel is only through our Lord God.
24. "And shamefulness devoured our ancestors' bounty* from our youth; [it devoured] their flocks, their bulls, their sons and their daughters.
25. "We slept in our shame and we covered our holes,* because we sinned against our Lord God, we and our ancestors from our childhood and until this Day, and we did not hear the voice of our Lord God.”
*3:1 Lit. Ar. id.: "The earth."
*3:2 NB! Translated as " waiting like an Arab" in all the Western Bibles, a glaring Anti-Semitic falsification. The word "Arab" is a total fabrication.
*3:3.1 Lit. Ar. id.: "Came to a stop."
*3:3.2 Lit. Ar. idiomatic construction: "And the benefits were not forthcoming."
*3:3.3 Lit. Ar. id.: "You had."
*3:3.4 Lit. Ar. idiomatic expression retained: "And you did not even care to hide it."
*3:5 Lit. Ar. idiomatic construction: "Then why guards to the universe? (Or: guards to the universes.) Behold, spoke to me and did evils and thoughts to me."
*3:6 Lit. Aramaic name retained: “Josiah,”
*3:11 Lit. Ar. id.: "Sanctified [through alms and sacrifices.]"
*3:12.1 Lit. Ar. id.: "Faces."
*3:12.2 Lit. Ar. id.: "Graceful."
*3:12.3 Lit. Ar. idiomatic expression: "Blame to the [end of the] of the universe."
*3:14 Lit. Ar. id.: "Of the Repentants."
*3:16.1 Lit. Ar. id.: "Shepherding."
*3:16.2 Lit. Ar. id.: "It shall be."
*3:16.3 NB! The Scriptures that were placed in the Ark of the Covenant as in the time of Moses.
*3:24 Lit. Ar. idiomatic construction retained: "The care [that was provided them by the Lord.]" (They felt unworthy.)
Jeremiah Index | Bible Index