1."O shepherds* that mislead* and scatter the flocks of my church,"* said the Lord.
2. Because of that thus said the Lord God of Israel regarding those that were the shepherds of my nation, "You have scattered my flocks, you have misled them, and you did not [make them observe my] commandments, behold, I [give you] the commands that befit your evil actions.
3. "And I shall gather the remnant of my flocks from all the countries where I have scattered them, and I shall return them to their abodes, where they shall grow and multiply.
4. "Then I shall raise over them shepherds that will shepherd them. They shall all then not be afraid again, nor be lost,"* said the Lord.
5. "Behold, there shall come Days," said the Lord, "and I shall raise for David a bud of righteousness, he shall rule in kingship and learn, and he shall perform justice and righteousness in the land.
6. "In his Day he shall save Judea and he shall unburden* Israel peacefully,* and they shall be his fame as they shall call him 'Lord of Our Righteousness.'"
7. Because of that, "Behold," said the Lord, "there shall come Days when it will not be said again, 'Long live the Lord* who brought the House of Israel from Egypt,'
8. "Except, 'Long live the Lord* who shall raise and bring the Children of Israel from the Land of the North and from all the countries where in they were scattered and they shall sit [once more] in their [own] country.'"
9. Regarding the prophets, my heart is broken within me and my bones are all shaking [inside me,] I have become like a drunken man, and like a man who is overcome by his wine,* on account of his stance before the Lord and before my holy instructions,
10. "For the earth is full of fornicators and plunderers, that is why the earth weeps and the abodes of the wilderness have dried up and [despite] their immensity they did not succeed.
11. "Because even the prophets and the high priests have [turned] to pagan* practices, and even in my house their evil [doing] can be found," said the Lord.
12. "That is why their ways shall become increasingly difficult;* they shall dash through the dark and fall, for I shall bring evil upon them, in the year of their subjugation,"* said the Lord.
13. "And in my prophets of Samaria I saw falsehood,* they prophesied by Baal and caused my Nation Israel to be lost.*
14. "And in the prophets of Jerusalem I saw delinquency,* fornicators and the followers* of vanity, and they delved their hands in the lives of their relatives* rather than reverting,* each man, from his evil ways; thus they have become all like Sodom and Gomorrah to me."
15. Because of that thus said the Supreme Lord regarding [these] prophets, "Behold, I shall [give them] leftovers* to eat and bitter waters to drink, because it will be from the prophets of Jerusalem that there shall emerge paganism in all the earth.*
16. Thus said the Supreme Lord, "Do not listen to the utterances of Lying* Prophets who prophesy to you and mislead* you. It is what their hearts conjure* of which they speak; it is not from the mouth of the Lord that they speak.
17. "And they say to those who [bring on] the wrath, 'You shall have peace through the utterance of the Lord,' and to everyone who follows the desire of their heart, 'no evil shall befall you.'"
18. Who then upholds the Lord's Sermon, sees it [as what it is] and listens to its meaning? Or, then, who pays attention to his instructions and accepts them?*
19. Behold, the Lord's outrage is released through anger and his wrath gathers force* and lands upon the heads of the depraved.
20. The Lord's anger and his wrath* shall not turn back until he is done and until the intention of his heart has been upheld and in the Final Days it shall be apparent to you.
21. "I neither sent the prophets that went forth, nor did I command them that they prophesied.
22. "And neither did they uphold my Will* and make my instructions heard by my nation, nor did they repent from their evil ways and the wickedness of their works.
23. "I am the God-from-Near," said the Lord, "and I will never be the god-from-far."*
24. "If a man hides himself through my invisibility,* I [can still] see him," said the Lord. "Behold, heaven and earth are filled* from me," said the Almighty Lord.
25. "I have heard what the prophets who prophesy in my name with lies are saying, 'I have dreamt a dream.'*
26. "How much longer will there be these false prophesies in the mouths of the false prophets, the prophesies of their own treacherous hearts?
27. "That they can thus mislead my own nation in my name, with these dreams that by which they spread rumors about a man to his friend, as their ancestors abandoned my name and worked for Baal.
28. "The prophet who sees a dream, talks about a dream; but the one who conveys my instructions, speaks my meaning honestly, wherefore do you mix the chaff with the grain," said the Lord?
29. "Behold, my commandments shoot out like the fire," said the Lord, "and like the steel that circumcises the stone."
30. "That is why, behold, I say this regarding the prophets," said the Lord, "those who steal my utterances,* each man from his companion.
31. "Behold, I am against the false prophets," said the Lord, "those who pull back their teeth* and say: thus said the Lord.
32. "Behold, I am against those false prophets," said the Lord, "those who delude them and mislead my nation through lies and fabrications;* I did not command them and I did not send them, and they do not benefit* this nation with anything.
33.* "And when this nations asks you or if a prophet asks you, 'What is the Lord's commandment,'* you say to them, 'This is the Lord's commandment, [it is the same commandment that dug you out [of Egypt.]'"
34. And the prophet, the high priest, or the people that declare the commandment* of the Lord shall have authority* over that man and his house.
35. Thus you shall say, [each] man to his companion, "How did the Lord respond and what did the Lord say?"
36. And you shall remember the commandment of the Lord again, become his prophesy, and you shall recall* the commandments of the Living God, the Almighty Lord our God.
37. Thus you shall say to the man, "What did the Lord reply to you and what did the Lord say?"
38. And if you declare the Lord's commandment, this is what the Lord said, "Regarding your declaring this commandment -- and I sent you, but you did not declare it.
39. "Because of this I shall take you up utterly* and cast you out away from my face,* together with this city, which I gave you and which I gave to your ancestors.
40. "And there shall come upon you the persecution of the universe and the universal shame that is never forgotten."*
*23:1.1 Lit. Ar. id.: "Sheperhood."
*23:1.2 Lit. Ar. id.: "Oblivionate."
*23:1.3 Lit. Ar. id.: "Mar-Eata," "sheep-church," or "church-pasture."
*23:2 Lit. Ar. idiomatic construction: "Regarding the shepherding with which you are shepherding."
*23:4 NB! Prophesy regarding the Apostles of Jesus.
*23:6.1 Lit. Ar. id.: "Untie."
*23:6.2 Lit. Ar. id.: "Calmness."
*23:7 Lit. Ar. idiomatic expression: "Living is He that Lord."
*23:9 Lit. Ar. idiomatic expression: "His wine has passed him."
*23:12 Lit. Ar. id.: "Commandment," or "disposition."
*23:13.1 Lit. Ar. id.: "Lying."
*23:13.2 Lit. Ar. idiom retained: "Misled my people Israel."
*23:14.1 Lit. Ar. idiom retained: "Dereliction of duty."
*23:14.2 Lit. Ar. id." "Walking."
*23:14.3 NB! Take on the lifestyles of their in-laws."
*23:15.1 Lit. Ar. id.: "Discards."
*23:15.2 NB! A prophesy regarding the fact that only the prophets of Jerusalem would deny Jesus when He came to the World.
*23:16.1 Lit. Ar. idiom retained: "False."
*23:16.2 Lit. Ar. id.: "Lose."
*23:16.3 Lit. Ar. id.: "Vision of their hearts."
*23:18 Lit. Ar. idiomatic construction: "Or , then, who listens to his explanations and hears them?"
*23:19 Lit. Ar. id.: "Nutshells."
*23:20 Lit. Ar. idiomatic figure of speech: "The wrath of His anger."
*23:22 Lit. Ar. id.: "Sermon."
*23:23 NB! Here Jesus declares Himself to be the God who takes a personal interest in His Children. Later, when He Comes, he says to His Disciples, "I will never abandon you," and again, "I will not leave you orphaned."
*23:24.1 Lit. Ar. id.: "Hide by my hiding."
*23:24.2 Lit. Ar. idiomatic construction retained: "I have created everything."
*23:25 Lit. Ar. idiom retained: "I saw it in a dream," or "I have had a vision."
*23:30 Lit. Ar. id.: "Meaning," or "intention."
*23:31 Lit. Ar. idiom retained: "Stick out their tongue."
*23:32.1 Lit. Ar. id.: "[False] visions."
*23:32.2 Lit. Ar. id.: Or: "Enrich."
*23:33.1* NB! The words of this verse have been fabricated in other translations to mean that God condemned the Jews.
*23:33.2 Lit. Ar. id.: "Utterance," "instruction."
*23:34.1 Lit. Ar. id.: "Command the instruction."
*23:34.2 Lit. Ar. id.: "Shall order."
*23:36 Lit. Ar. id.: "Return."
*23:39.1 Lit. Ar. idiomatic figure of speech: "Take you up takingly."
*23:39.2 Lit. Ar. id.: "Faces."
*23:40 Lit. Ar. id.: "Lost."
Jeremiah Index | Bible Index