1. The manifestation* that was upon Jeremiah before the Lord to declare:
2. Hear my manifestation,* this is a covenant,* and tell the men of Judea and the inhabitants of Jerusalem,
3. Say to them, this is what the Almighty Lord of Israel commands, "Accursed is the man who does not listen to this declaration* of my covenant,
4. "Which I [also] declared* to their ancestors on the Day I brought them out of the Land of Egypt* from the foundry of iron and sand, 'Listen to my voice, you shall do all I command you; you shall be for me a nation and I shall be your God,
5. " 'And I shall uphold the oaths, that I swore to your ancestors, to give you the land that flows with milk and honey.'" And I replied and said, "Amen, O Lord."
6. And the Lord commanded, "Cry out these manifestations* in the towns of Judea and the streets of Jerusalem, and say, 'Listen to the covenants* memorialized from olden times,* and [be sure to] observe them.'
7. "Because I [gave] the solemn testimony through your ancestors,* on the Day that I brought them up from the Land of Egypt and until this Day; I raised them, sent them, and commissioned them, [saying,] 'hear my voice.'
8. "And they did not listen and did not direct their ear toward me, and every man followed the desire of his own heart, and I brought to them all my instructions of the covenants herein, which I commanded them to heed, but they would not listen."
9. And the Lord said to me, "There is found rebellion among the men of Judea and the inhabitants of Jerusalem.
10. "They have repeated the sins of their ancestors, they did not wish to listen to my manifestations,* instead they went after other gods and worked for them. The children of Israel and the Children of Judah have rejected* the Old Testament that is mine which I inaugurated for* their ancestors.
11. Because of that this is what the Almighty Lord, the God of Israel, said, "Behold, I shall bring upon them the evil from which they cannot escape, and when they turn to me, I will not hear them.
12. "And there shall go the town of Judea and the settlers of Jerusalem and appeal to the gods to whom they had consecrated the incense,* and [as for] salvation they shall not be saved in the season of their evil-doing.
13. "Because as the number of your towns were your gods, O Judea, and as the number of the streets of Jerusalem you have consecrated the altars of shame, the altars from which you raise the [smell of] incense to Baal.
14. "So you, do not go down on your knees on behalf of these people* and do not beg on their behalf through prayer and entreaty, because I will not hear them in the season when they call out to me, in the season [when they shall commit] their evil.
15. "Wherefore has my beloved defiled my house with this great evil, while the sanctified flesh* shall pass from you, on account of the depth of your evil.
16. "A sprawling olive tree with beautiful fruit, and a beautiful sight, the Lord has called your name, the sound of great rustling all around, if you let the sunshine* remain on her, its branches shall grow wildly.
17. "And the Lord of the [absolute truth,] who planted you, has spoken of your evil,* because the evil-doing of the House of Israel and the House of Judah that they committed to anger me, so they could burn up the incense* to the [Idol of the] Calf."*
18. And the Lord showed me, and so I truly knew that you showed me their works.
19. And I, as an unsuspecting* ram that is fetched for slaughter, did not know that it was against me that their intentions were focused,* saying, "let us nail his body to the wood* and cast him out of the land of the living, such as even his name shall be forgotten." * **
20. And the Almighty Lord, the judge of all truth, who intuits all hearts and minds,* your recompense shall be exacted, because it is by you that my prophesies* are revealed.
21. Because of that, thus said the Lord regarding the people* of Anatooth, who want your soul and say, "do not prophesy by the name of the Lord, lest you did at our hands."
22. Because of that, thus said the Lord of all Truth, "Behold, I shall make it incumbent* upon the young to die in war, and their sons and daughters as well to die in famine.
23. "And they shall have no future either,* because I shall bring evil upon the men of Anatooth in the year that they were commanded.*
*11:1 Lit. Ar. id.: "Utterance," or "instruction."
*11:2.1 Lit. Ar. id.: "Utterance."
*11:2.2 Lit. Ar. id.: "Standing
*11:3 Lit. Ar. id.: "Utterance."
*11:4.1 Lit. Ar. id.: "commanded."
*11:4.2 Lit. Aramaic: "Massreen." The word means "Those in Bondage."
*11:6.1 Lit. Ar. id.: "Instructions," or "explanations."
*11:6.2 Lit. Ar. id.: "Explanations," "utterances," or "manifestations."
*11:6.3 Lit. Ar. idiomatic construction: "Listen to the explanations of the old dedications these (or the Old Testament.)
*11:7 Lit. Ar. idiomatic construction: "Because testifyingly I testified," or "I gave the absolute testimony."
*11:10.1 Lit. Ar. id.: "Instructions."
*11:10.2 Lit. Ar. id.: "Retired," or "abandoned."
*11:10.3 Lit. Ar. id.: "Raised with," or "made covenant with."
*11:11 Lit. Ar. id.: "Incenses."
*11:14 Lit. Ar. id.: or: "this nation."
*11:15 NB! Prophesy regarding the Messiah's sacrifice to com 500 years later.
*11:16 Lit. Ar. id.: "Fire."
*11:17.1 Lit. Ar. idiomatic expression: "Spoken against you evil."
*11:17.2 Lit. Ar. id.: "Incenses."
*11:17.3 Lit. Ar. id.: "Ba'ala."
*11:19.1 Lit. Ar. idiomatic figure of speech: "Raw."
*11:19.2 Lit. Ar. idiomatic expression: "That upon me they thought the thoughts."
*11:19.3 Lit. Ar. idiomatic expression: "Destroy the wood by his bread."
*11:19.4 Lit. Ar. idiomatic construction: "That his name shall not be remembered.
*11:19.5 NB! Prophesy about what they would try to do to Jesus.
*11:20.1 Lit. Ar. idiomatic figure of speech: "Kidneys."
*11:20.2 Lit. Ar. id.: "Judgments."
*11:21 Lit. Ar. id.: "Humans."
*11:22 Lit. Ar. id.: "Command."
*11:23.1 Lit. Ar. idiomatic expression: "And end they shall not have."
*11:23.2 Lit. Ar. id.: "Of their commandment."
Jeremiah Index | Bible Index