1. Would you not open up the skies* and come down,
and the mountains would disappear?
2. And melt down like the wax melts before the fire,
and the fire would burn your foes,
and your name would be known to your enemies,
and the nations would succumb before you?
3. When you set the adherence that they did not heed,
you came down and the mountains disappeared from before you.
4. From the beginning of the universe* they did not listen and they did not hear,
and an eye did not see an Allaha,* except for you,
[an Allaha*] who provided* for those who held on to you.
5. And You regard them with pleasure,
those that perform righteousness;
in Your ways they remember you;
behold, You are angered and they sin inside themselves,
but in the Final Days* You shall save them.
6. That we have become defiled, all of us,
and our righteousness is like the menstruation rag;
we fell off like leaves,
like a gust of wind our sins were carried off.
7. And there is no [one left] to call on your name
and vows to cling to you,
because you have turned your face* from us,
and you have delivered us into the hand of our sins.
8. Now, Maryah,* you are our Father;
we are the clay* and you are our potter,*
and we are all the work of your hands.
9. Maryah,* be not angry [with us] forever*
and remember not our sins forever;
look, we are all your people.
10. The city of your hallowedness is that wilderness
and Zion has become a wasteland
and Jerusalem a ruin.
11. The home of your hallowedness and your glory,
where our ancestors worshipped you,
has become a holocaust of fire,
and all our pleasures have [turned] to a desolation.
12. Hold on to these, Maryah,*
requite them and keep them truly humble.*
*64:1 Lit. Ar. id.: "Heaven."
*64:4.1 Lit. Ar. id.: Or: "From eternity."
*64:4.2-3 Lit. Aramaic retained: "God." Reference is to Eashoa the Messiah and the Father.
*64:4.4 Lit. Ar. id.: "Did."
*64:5 Lit. Ar. id.: "At the end of the universe."
*64:7 Lit. Ar. id.: "Faces."
*64:8.1 Lit. Aramaic retained: "O Lord." Reference is to Eashoa the Messiah and the Father.
*64:8.2 Lit. Ar. id.: Or: "Mud."
*64:8.3 Lit. Ar. id.: "Former."
*64:9.1 Lit. Aramaic retained: "O Lord." Reference is to Eashoa the Messiah and the Father.
*64:9.2 Lit. Ar. id.: "To the [end of the] universe.
*64:12.1 Lit. Aramaic retained: "O Lord." Reference is to Eashoa the Messiah and the Father.
*64:12.2 Lit. Ar. id.: "Make them kind."
Book of Isaiah Index | Supporters Index