And whose new garments have turned red from judgment?*
And who is ready in his attire?
and formidable with the greatness of his power?
I speak of righteousness,
and magnificence [in order] to save.
2. Wherefore have your robes and garments turned red
like someone who presses [the grapes] in the winepress?
3. I pressed the grapes in the winepress by myself
and there was no one* from the nations with me;
I pressed them in my anger and trampled them in my wrath,
and their blood splattered my clothing,
and all my garments were splattered.
4. Because the day of exaction is in my heart
and the year of my salvation is within my reach.
5. I gazed but* there was no one to help me,
I wondered but* there was no one to support me,
and it was my own arm that saved me
and my own wrath that sustained me.
6. I trampled on the nations in my anger
and made them miserable by my wrath,
and I brought their power down to earth.
7. And the Grace of Maryah* shall be remembered,
and the praises for Maryah,* on account of all He has bestowed on me,
and as He has increased His Grace over the House of Israel,
and repaid me according to His mercies,
and according to the abundance of His Grace.*
8. And He said that they are my people,
the children that did not lie,
and He shall become for them their Savior.
9. Through all their afflictions, He did not cause them [more] distress,
and the angel before* Him saved them;
through His mercy and care He saved them,
and He lifted them and took them up all the days of the universe.
10. But* they murmured and pained His holy Spirit,
and there returned to them the enemy, who would fight with them.
11. And there were recalled His servant Moses' days of eternity,*
as he went up from the sea to shepherd his flocks,
and as [Maryah's*] holy Spirit rose up in him.
12. He guided the right [hand] of Moses with His glorious arm,
to breach the sea before him,
and He made them a name forever.*
13. And He fetched them out of the chaos,
like a steed in the wilderness,
and and they did not stumble.
14. Like an animal down in the crevices,
the Spirit of Maryah* fetched them.
"This is how I fetched your people and made them into a glorious name."
15. Gaze down from Heaven
and look from your holy and glorious abode,
where are your zealous and mighty ones,
and the overwhelming number* of your offspring*
and your beloved ones,* who reunited with us?
16. Because You are our Father --
Abraham did not know us,
and Israel did not proclaim us --
You are that Maryah,* our Father, our Savior,
and from Eternity* your name [still stands.]
17. Wherefore have you [allowed us] to stray from your path
and [allowed] our heart to cool off from your adherence?
Return to us for we are the tribe of your inheritance.
18. Too little have we inherited,
the nation that sanctified you;
our oppressors trampled on your hallowed [land.]*
19. They have from eternity* until now been under your authority,
yet* your name has not been called over them.
*63:1.1 Lit. Aramaic retained: "Edom," or "Blood."
*63:1.2 Lit. Aramaic retained: "Boosar," or "Bozrah."
*63:3Lit. Ar. id.: "Human."
*63:5.1-2 Lit. Ar. id.: "And."
*63:7.1-2 Lit. Aramaic retained: "The Lord." Reference is to Eashoa the Messiah.
*63:7.2 Lit. Ar. id.: "Graces."
*63:9 Lit. Ar. id.: "The messenger of His faces." In other words, the angel He sent before them.
*63:10 Lit. Ar. id.: "And."
*63:11.1 Lit. Ar. id.: "Days of the universe."
*63:11.2 Lit. Aramaic retained: "The Lord's" Reference is to Eashoa the Messiah.
*63:12 Lit. Ar. id.: "To [the end of the] universe."
*63:14 Lit. Aramaic retained: "The Lord." Reference is to Eashoa the Messiah.
*63:15.1 Lit. Ar. id.: "Return."
*63:15.2 Lit. Ar. id.: "Intestines," or "Innards."
*63:15.3 Lit. Ar. id.: Or: "Returned upon us."
*63:16.1 Lit. Aramaic retained: "Lord." Reference is to Eashoa the Messiah.
*63:16.2 Lit. Ar. id.: "From the universe," or "Universal and Infinite."
*63:18 Lit. Ar. id.: "Our tormentors trampled your hollies."
*63:19.1 Lit. Ar. id.: "The universe," or "from the world."
*63:19.2 Lit. Ar. id.: "And."
Book of Isaiah Index | Supporters Index