1. Behold, neither is the hand of Maryah* too
small to save,
nor is His ear too heavy to hear;
2. Except it is your [dereliction of duty] that separates you from Allah-khoon,*
and it is your sins that make Him turn His face* from you, so as not hear you.
3. Because your ears are defiled by blood and your fingers by abomination,
your lips speak falsehood and your tongue reflects the abominable.
4. And there is no one who calls through righteousness
and there is no one who judges through faith;
they relied on emptiness,
they spoke worthless [words,]
they conceived fraudulent acts and gave birth to pain.
5. They hatch eggs of the serpent and weave the web of spiders;
whoever eats their eggs dies and whoever breaks one finds a young viper.
6. Their weave cannot be worn as clothes,
and they cannot be covered by their works,
for their works are fraudulent*
and the works of abomination in their hands.
7. Their feet run toward evil,
and they are quick to shed blood;
their mindset is the mindset of the knaves,
and their path is that of plunder and destruction.
8. They did not know the way of peace
and there is no judgment in their walks;
their paths are crooked,
and whoever travels them knows no peace.
9. Because of that, judgment moves away from us
and righteousness does not remember us;
we search for daylight and it [turns out] to be darkness
and for light and we [end up] walking in darkness.
10. We [feel our way from inside] like the blind
and we grope like those [people] who have no eyes;
we stumble at midday like it were in the evening,
and we sigh like those who are near death.
11. We all murmur like bears and sigh like the dove;
we wait for judgment but* there is none
and for Salvation but* [Salvation stays] away from us.
12. Because our abomination has increased before you,
and our sins witness to it,
because our abomination is with us,
and our sins are known to them;
13. They enter and lie about Maryah*
and they back off from behind Allahan;*
we [spoke of] treason and rebelled;
we conceived and expressed words of falsehood from our hearts.
14. We turned judgment backwards and righteousness we upheld at a distance,
because the truth* stumbled [along the way,]
and the cover-up could not be brought about.*
15. And the truth was unnoticed,
and learning passed from our counsel,
and Maryah* saw that there was no judgment,*
and displeasure was expressed in His eyes.*
16. And He saw that there was nobody,*
and He was amazed that there was no one to help
and for His arm to save and for his righteousness to cater to.
17. He wears righteousness like a breastplate,
and the helmet of salvation is upon His head,
and He wears the garments of recompense;
18. Who [demands an exaction] from His enemies and repays His haters,
and to His excluders* He shall repay them their recompense.
19. They shall fear* the name of Maryah,* those from the Setting Sun,*
and from their Rising of the Sun* they shall submit to His Glory,*
because the Oppressor shall come like a river
and the Spirit of Maryah* shall humble him.
20. And there shall come to Zion a Savior
and to those who turn away from abomination, from Jacob," said Maryah.*
21. "And this is my covenant with you," said Maryah.*
"My Spirit shall be over you,
and my words, that I shall consecrate in your mouth,
shall be not depart* from your mouth
and from the mouth of your offspring,*
and from the mouth of your offspring's offspring," said Maryah,*
"from now on and until the end of the universe."
*59:1 Lit. Aramaic retained: "The Lord." Reference is to Eashoa (Jesus) the Messiah.
*59:2.1 Lit. Aramaic retained: "Your God."
*59:2.2 Lit. Ar. id.: "Faces."
*59:6 Lit. Ar. id.: "Deception."
*59:11.1 Lit. Ar. id.: "And."
*59:11.2 Lit. Ar. id.: "And."
*59:13.1 Lit. Aramaic retained: "The Lord." Reference is to Eashoa (Jesus) the Messiah.
*59:13.2 Lit. Aramaic retained: "Our God."
*59:14.1 Lit. Ar. id.: "Sincerity."
*59:14.2 Lit. Ar. idiom retained: "Attained."
*59:15.1 Lit. Aramaic retained: "The Lord." Reference is to Eashoa (Jesus) the Messiah.
*59:15.2 Lit. Ar. idiom retained: "There was a lack of judgment."
*59:15.3 Lit. Ar. idiom retained: "He was displeased in His eyes."
*59:16 Lit. Ar. idiomatic construction: "And he saw that there was no human."
*59:18 Lit. Ar. idiom retained: "Rejecters."
*59:19.1 Lit. Ar. id.: Or: "Be submissive to."
*59:19.2 Lit. Ar. id.: "The Lord." Reference is to Eashoa (Jesus) the Messiah.
*59:19.3 Lit. Aramaic retained: "West."
*59:19.4 Lit. Ar. id.: "East."
*59:19.5 Lit. Ar. id.: Or: "Honor."
*59:19.6 Lit. Aramaic retained: "The Lord." Reference is to Eashoa (Jesus) the Messiah.
*59:20 Lit. Aramaic retained: "The Lord." Reference is to Eashoa (Jesus) the Messiah.
Isaiah Index | Supporters Index