1. Thus said the Maryah* to his Messiah,*
"To Korish,* whom I took by my right hand;
the nations worshipped before him,
he who broke the back of kings,*
before whom the gates were [thrown] open,
and the gates could not lock him out."
2. "I shall go before you and wipe out the lofty heights;
I shall break the bronze gates and reduce the iron bars [to nothing.]
3. "And I gave you the consecrations in the dark
and the buried [treasures] that were ripped off [from you],
so you may know that I am* the Lord
who called you by your name, the Allaha of Israel.
4. "Because you were my servants, Jacob and Israel my choice;
I called you by name and made you my goal, but you did not recognize me.
5. "I am* the Maryah* and there is none [before me or after me]
and there is no God above me;
I empowered you, yet* you did not recognize me.
6. "That you may know that the sun rises from my East and sets from its West,
that there is none [before or after] me;
I am* the Maryah* and there is no one else.*
7. "[He] who forms* the light and creates the dark,
who makes peace and lets evil happen;*
I am* the Maryah* who did all these.
8. "the heavens* smiled from above and the clouds sprinkled righteousness;*
I opened up the earth and multiplied* salvation
and righteousness springs out with it; I am* He who revealed these."
9. Woe to him that makes himself the judge* over his maker;*
the mud from the crust of the earth --
why, does the clay say to the potter, "What have you done?
Why am I the slave of your hands?"
10. Woe to him that says to the father, "What have you begotten?"
and to the wife, "Why did you conceive me?"
11. Thus said Maryah*, the Holy One of Israel and her* maker,*
the Almighty Maryah* is His Name;
they asked me for signs regarding my children and regarding the work of my hands,
those which I made into my commandments.
12. "I made the earth and the human being on it,
I stretched the heavens with my hands and commanded their powers.
13. "I made him aware of righteousness and furnished all his paths;
he builds my abode and sends forth my exiles,
neither through collateral nor through bribe," said the Almighty Maryah.*
14. Thus said the Lord,
"The bounty of Egypt, the merchants of Cush and Sheba;
the men of stature* shall pass over you and become [part] of of you and carry your grains,
and with chains they enter and to you they shall worship
and pray by you, as that Allaha* is in you and there is no other Allaha.
15. "Truly you are He who is behind the Allaha* of [the nation of] Israel and her Savior.
16. "They are put to shame and buried together
all those who work in [the ways of] digging and carrying out of idols.
17. "The salvation of Israel is through the Maryah,*
He who is the Savior of the nations;
neither you shall be put to shame,
nor be buried under to the end of the universe, of all the universes."*
18. Because [of it] thus said the Maryah* who created the heaven,
to become the Allaha* that formed the earth and made it and became her possessor;
it was not that in vain* He created her,
except so as His creation would sit in it [that He created it,]
"I am* Maryah* and there is none other."
19. "It was not secretly that I spoke in the country, in a dark land,
and I did not say to the offspring of Jacob to love* me in vain,
and I am* the Maryah* who spoke in Righteousness and demonstrated wholesomeness."
20. "They gathered, they came and offered themselves as one,
those that were delivered of the nations
and they knew not that they had taken up the carved wood*
and that they had been praying to a god that cannot save.
21. "Declare it, [bring] your offering and be fully informed together* --
who heard this from times of old?
And it was I the Maryah;* from the Beginning, it was I the Maryah,*
and there are again no Allaheh* before or after me,
the Allaha* who is Holy and [the Allaha* who is] the Savior
and there is none before or after me.
22. "There shall offer themselves all the servants of the earth so as to be saved,
because I am* the Maryah* and there is no other."*
23. "Through me is the oath taken
and from me there emerged the Manifestation* of Righteousness
and it does not go back, as it is to me that everyone who possesses the Spirit shall bow
and by me shall swear every tongue.
24. "And they shall say that it is through Maryah* all that righteousness [manifests itself],
and all the mighty ones shall go to him,
and they shall be put to shame all those who criticize* you.
25. "It is through me that all of Israel's offspring shall be praised and sanctified."
*45:1.1 Lit. Aramaic retained: "The Lord." Reference is to Eashoa the Messiah and the Father.
*45:1.2 Lit. Ar. id.: "Msheekheh," or "His Anointed." Cyrus is not the Messiah. It is the Messiah who speaks through this prophecy.
*45:1.3 Lit. Ar. id.: "Cyrus." King of Persia was used as a servant of the Lord, who carried out the conquests of the Holy Lands before Eashoa the Messiah would come to earth.
*45:1.4 Lit. Ar. idiomatic construction: "Untied the back of kings."
*45:3 Lit. Ar. id.: "Inna-nah," or "I am I."
*45:5 Lit. Ar. id.: "And."
*45:6.1 Lit. Ar. id.: "Inna-nah," or "I am I."
*45:6.2 Lit. Ar. id.: "No One again."
*45:7.1 Lit. Ar. id.: "Mixes."
*45:7.2 Lit. Ar. id.: "Makes peace and creates [or allows] evil." NB! "To create or allow evil" is not the same as "doing evil."
*45:8.1 Lit. Ar. id.: "Heaven."
*45:8.2 Lit. Ar. id. or: "Rained holiness."
*45:8.3 Lit. Ar. id.: "Increased."
*45:8.4 Lit. Ar. id.: "Inna-nah," or "I am I."
*45:9.1 Lit. Ar. idiomatic construction: "To judge with his kneeder."
*45:9.2 Lit. Ar. id.: "Former," or "mixer."
*45:11.1 Lit. Ar. idiom retained: "Its." The word for nation is feminine in gender in the Aramaic language.
*45:11.2 Lit. Ar. id.: "Former."
*45:14.1 Lit. Ar. id.: "Measure."
*45:14.2 Lit. Ar. word retained: "God."
*45:15 Lit. Ar. word retained: "God."
*45:17 Lit. Ar. id. or: "Forever."
*45:18.1 Lit. Ar. word retained: "God."
*45:18.2 Lit. Ar. id. or: "Emptily."
*45:18.3 Lit. Ar. id.: "Inna-nah," or "I am I."
*45:19.1 Lit. Ar. id. or: "Seek."
*45:19.2 Lit. Ar. id.: "Inna-nah," or "I am I."
*45:20 Lit. Ar. id.: "Wooden idols."
*45:21.1 Lit. Ar. id.: "As one."
*45:21.2 Lit. Ar. id.: "Inna-nah Maryah," or "I am I the Lord."
*45:21.3 Lit. Ar. word retained: "Godhood," or "no other God over them."
*45:21.4 Lit. Ar. word retained: "God."
*45:21.5 Lit. Ar. word retained: "God."
*45:22.1 Lit. Ar. id.: "Inna-nah," or "I am I."
*45:22.2 Lit. Ar. id.: "And there is none again."
*45:23 Lit. Ar. id.: "Milta."
*45:24 Lit. Ar. id. or: "Vilify."
Isaiah Index | Aramaic