1. The islands* shall remain silent
and the nations shall renew* their power;
they shall make offerings and then [they can] speak,
and as one they shall offer what is just.*
2. Who [brings] the avenger from the Rising Sun
and makes him prostrate himself at his feet?
[For] he shall make the nations submit to him and the kings* shall be broken.
3. Whether he pushes them or makes peace
his feet do not touch the road.*
4. "And who set the destiny and fixed it,
who called the generations from the beginning?
It is I, I am the Lord, the Beginning and the End, it is I."*
5. "The islands saw me and the outskirts* of the earth feared me;
they succumbed, made offerings* and came."
6. And a man helped his companion and to his brother he said, "Be strengthened!"
7. and the carpenter encouraged* the smith,
who flattens with the mallet and works it,
saying, "The seams are beautiful,"
and they fasten them with nails so as not to move.
8. "Now, Israel my servant, the Ya'koob* I chose,
the offspring of Abraham my kin,* whom I strengthened.
9. "[Whom] I called from the edges* of the earth
and its [outermost regions]* and to whom I said,
'You are my servant, I chose you; I did* not denigrate you.'
10. "Fear not because I am still with you,
and do not stammer because it is I* who am your God;
I shall empower you and help you,
also support you with my Holy Right Arm.*
11. "They shall be put to shame and humiliated,
all those who take issue with you;
they shall be like nothing, and the men that wound your people shall perish.
12. "You shall look* for them and find not find them,
hose men who wounded your nation;
they shall be like they never existed, those men that fought with you.
13. "Because it is I,* your Lord God, the empowerer of your right [arm,]
I am saying to you, 'Do not succumb;* it is I,* your sustainer.*
14. "Do not succumb, O worm offspring of Jacob,
for I am* your sustainer," said the Lord,
"and your Holy Savior of Israel."
15. "Behold, I shall make you like a new thresher that shreds and grinds,
it shall tread the mountains and pulverize them,
and it shall turn the hills into powder.
16. "[I shall] toss them, the spirit* shall carry them off,
and the tempest shall scatter them; however,
you shall rejoice in the Lord and glorify the Holy One of Israel.*
17. "the poor and the wicked want water but there is none,
and their tongue is dry with thirst;
I the Lord shall answer them, the God of Israel,
and I shall not abandon* them.
18. "I shall open rivers in the mountains and in the valleys fountains;
I shall turn the wilderness into lakes where the waters gather
and the parched land into springs of waters.
19. "And I shall bring into the wilderness the cedars,
almonds, acacias, and the olive trees;
I shall raise together with them in the valleys new trees
as though they had always grown there."*
20. "So* they shall see and know and [find it] obvious
and understand as one that it is the hand of the Lord
that did this and the Holy One of Israel.
21. "Communicate your judgments," said the Lord;
"communicate your intelligence," said the King of Jacob.
22. "Communicating and demonstrating the things that are destined to happen --
first, what are you showing me?
So* We* may consecrate in Our hearts and [come to] know their end,
or for those who may [come later] that I may tell them.*
23. "Show me that you were destined to know,
like you were meant to be gods,
that you could decide what is worthy and what is unworthy,
and that it can all be seen together like it were a game.*
24. "Behold, you are nothing,* and your works are corrupt,*
and your choice is defiling.
25. "I shall bring an avenger from the North,
from where the sun shines in the East,
and he shall call on my name,
and there shall come the authorities,
and they shall be trampled like the potter kneads the clay.
26. "Who could show from the origins,
to know it and declare himself to be holy?
There was neither [anyone] that could show nor hear [anything,]
nor to listen to your words.
27. "[For] these are the origins of Zion
and to Jerusalem I shall send One who brings Hope.*
28. "I looked but* I saw none that had any idea regarding all these things
so I could ask them and they would give me an explanation.
29. "Behold, they are all nothing,
all their works are in vain
and the spirit of boastfulness permeates all their actions."*
*Isaiah 41 NB! The entire chapter is a prophesy that continues speaking of the Lord Messiah throughout the ages.
*41:1.1 NB! Reference to Aramaic speaking nations that were to join the Circle of Circumcision.
*41:1.2 Lit. Ar. id.: "Exchange."
*41:1.3 Lit. Ar. id.: "Judgment."
*41:2 Lit. Ar. idiom retained: "Kingdoms."
*41:3 Lit. Ar. idiomatic construction: "Exiles them and makes peace, and the road with his feet he does not enter."
*41:4 NB! Reference to Eashoa (Jesus) the Messiah. He spoke these words.
Lit. Ar. idiomatic construction: "And who destined and performed, who called out to the centuries from the heading. I am I, Lord, the First and the Last, I am I."
*41:5.1 Lit. Ar. id.: "Lips."
*41:5.2 Lit. Ar. id. or: "Came near."
*41:7 Lit. Ar. id.: "Heartened."
*41:8.1 Lit. Aramaic name retained: "Jacob."
*41:8.2 Lit. Aramaic idiomatic term: "Rakhmi": "one who loves me" or "one who has mercy on me."
*41:9.1 Lit. Ar. id.: "Lips."
*41:9.2 Lit. Ar. grammatical construction: "And I did not."
*41:10.1 Lit. Ar. id.: "Inna-nah": "I AM I."
*41:10.2 NB! Reference to the Holy Spirit.
*41:12 Lit. Ar. id.: "Want [to see.]"
*41:13.1 Lit. Aramaic: "Inna-nah," or "I am I."
*41:13.2 Lit. Ar. idiomatic expression: "Fear not."
*41:13.3 Lit. Aramaic: "Inna-nah, "I am I."
*41:13.4 Lit. Ar. id.: or: "Helper."
*41:14 Lit. Aramaic: "Inna-nah," or "I am I."
*41:16 NB! Reference to Eashoa (Jesus).
*41:17 Lit. Ar. id. or: "Leave."
*41:19 Lit. Ar. id.: "Already begun as one."
*41:20 Lit. Ar. id.: "And."
*41:22.1 Lit. Ar. id.: "And."
*41:22.2 NB! "Father and Son and Holy Spirit."
*41:22.3 Lit. Ar. id.: "To hear me."
*41:23 Lit. Ar. idiomatic construction: "Show me the signs that you were destined and knowing you are gods, also goody you are also evily you are, and proclaimed and be seen as the same."
*41:24.1 Lit. Ar. id.: "You, you are nothing."
*41:24.2 Lit. Ar. id.: "From destruction."
*41:27 Lit. Ar. idiomatic construction: "And to Jerusalem a hope giver I shall give." Reference to Eashoa (Jesus).
*41:28 Lit. Ar. id.: "And."
*41:29 Lit. Ar. id.: "In spirit of impressing are their works."
Isaiah Index | Bible Index