1. "Woe to rebellious sons," said Maryah, "who
made up their minds without me,
and who drank the libations that were not of my spirit,
thus they added sins upon sins.
2. "Who went down to Missrin,* and they did not ask from my mouth,*
to seek sustenance from the abundance of Pharaoh,
and to be sheltered under the shadows of Missrin.*
3. "The abundance of Pharaoh's sustenance shall become your shame,
and the shelter of Missrin* shall become your mask.
4. "Because he is in Sa'an,* and his nobles* and kings pretend to be his allies.*
5. "[They* went] to a people that do not benefit them,
neither support them, nor [bring them] contentment,
except shame and contempt."
6. The fall of the animals of the south
in an oppressive and constraining land,
the land of the lion's cub,
and, some of them, the savage viper that flies,
who carry upon the backs of mules their wealth
and upon the humps of camels their treasures,
toward a people that do not profit them.
7. And the Missrayah* shall pretend* to be helping, but deceitfully;
that is why I call their alliance a pretence.
8. Now then, come and write it on these tablets
and in the book of their covenant,
so that it shall be a testimony to the Last Days,
to the end of the universe, of all the universes.*
9. Because this is a grumbling nation,
because they are the sons of liars,
sons who do not wish to hear about Maryah's* Law;
10. Who said to those who have vision that they should not see,
and to the prophets that they should not prophesy about the hidden,
who speak to us about divisiveness, and tell* us lies.
11. And they shall stray from the road and turn back from the paths,
and they shall prevent us from accepting the Holy One of Israel.*
12. Because of that, this is what Maryah,*
the Holy One of Israel, has said regarding this manifestation that you have denigrated
and [because] you relied on oppression,
and as you complained, while [pretending to] trust in Him.
13. Because of that you shall have this sin as the breach that finally falls
and as the high wall whose unraveling* shall happen from the calm.
14. And its crumbling shall be like the crumbling of a clay plate
that is broken and cannot be mended,
that which can neither be found any shard among its pieces
for taking fire from the holocaust,
nor for scooping the water from the cavern.
15. Because of that here is what Maryah,* the Holy One of Israel, has said,
"When you settle down and rest, you shall be saved,
and your greatness shall be through peace and hope,
and you shall not be oppressed.
16. "And you shall say, 'Not like this, we shall flee on horses
and upon light [ones] we shall flee.'
Because of that you shall flee and your persecutors shall be few.
17. "A thousand as [a result] of one crying out,
and when five cry out you shall flee,
until you remain like the fog on top of the mountain and like flags on a hill."
18. Because Maryah* shall release those who have mercy on you,
and He shall exalt those who shelter you,
because He is Allaha* the Maryah,* who shall judge,
and blessed are all those who shall hold on to Him.
19. Because the people shall sit in Zion* and in Jerusalem;
crying you shall not cry,
in His compassion He shall have mercy toward the sound of your outcry,
and when He hears you He shall answer you.
20. And Maryah* shall give you bread during your tribulation
and water during your persecution,
and He shall not allow those who wish to annihilate you,
and your eyes shall see through your persecutors.
21. And your ears shall hear the manifestation from behind you that says,
"Behold, this is the way, walk in it and do not stray to the right or* to the left."
22. And you shall allow the silver that covers your idols to tarnish
and [you shall allow] the coverings of their gold to lose its luster,
and you shall cast them away like the menstrual waters
and eject them out like [some thing] you sneeze out.
23. And the rain shall be given to your offspring
so you may plant the seed into the earth,
and the produce from the seed of the earth shall be fat and rich,
the pasture for your animals on that Day in a rich country.
24. And the cattle and the oxen* that work the earth, shall eat in the warm nights
[the seed] that is tossed up to them by the pitch fork and the shovel.
25. And it shall be on the mountain high,
and upon every hill that rises
the streams of water shall flow on the Day of the great killing
and the destruction of the towers.
26. And the light of His moon shall be like the light of the sun,
and the light of the sun shall be like become sevenfold,*
like the light of seven Days,*
on the Day that Maryah* shall bind up the brokenness of His people
and heals the wound of their punishment.*
27. Behold, the name* of Maryah* shall come from afar,
His anger shall be burning and His conquest shall be swift,
and His lips shall be full of wrath,
and His tongue shall be like the fire of the holocaust.
28. And His Spirit is like the torrent that uproots, until it cuts off the neck,
that stirs up the nations because of their empty delusions*
and which act as the bridles by which they are driven astray over the upheavals* of nations.
29.* Glory shall be your wreath,
to be sanctified through festive dancing and gladness of heart,
like someone who walks with joy,
to bring forth to Maryah's* mountain,
to the mighty One of Jacob.
30. And Maryah* shall allow the glory of His voice to be heard,
and the blows of His arm He shall show through the wrath of His anger,
and through the consuming flames of fire,*
and through the force that causes turmoil and hailstones.
31. Because through* the greatness of Maryah* the Ashurayah* shall conquer*
and by the rod he shall devour.
32. And he shall be, through all his works, the rod of His mastery,
those which Maryah* shall rest upon him,
with tambourines and harps,
and with the mighty sword He shall fight through him.
33. Because it has been prepared, before the Days, what he shall consume;
that he shall rule* has also been prepared;
and it has deepened and spread* among his inhabitants;
the wood and fire are plentiful,
and the breath of such a Maryah*
is like the particle of brimstone that catches fire within.
*30:2.1 Lit. Aramaic retained: "Place of Enslavement." "Egypt."
*30:2.2 Lit. Ar. idiom retained: "Did not ask permission."
*30:2.3 Lit. Aramaic retained: "Slavery." "Egypt."
*30:3 Lit. Aramaic retained: "Enslavement's." "Egypt's."
*30:4.1 Lit. Aramaic retained: "Zoan."
*30:4.2 Lit. Ar. id.: "Great ones."
*30:4.3 Lit. Ar. id.: "False helpers."
*30:5 NB! Reference is to "Rebellious sons" in verse 1.
*30:7.1 Lit. Aramaic retained: "The enslavers." "Egyptians."
*30:7.2 Lit. Ar. id.: "In vain."
*30:7.3 Lit. Ar. id.: "And."
*30:8 Lit. Ar. id.: "L'Allam ullmeen," or "forever and ever."
*30:9 Lit. Aramaic retained: "The Lord's." Reference is to both Eashoa the Messiah and the Father."
*30:10 Lit. Ar. id.: "Show."
*30:11 Lit. Ar. idiomatic expression: "And they shall void us from the Holy One of Israel."
*30:12 Lit. Aramaic retained: "The Lord." Reference is to Eashoa the Messiah.
*30:13 Lit. Ar. id.: "Crumbling."
*30:18.1 Lit. Aramaic retained: "The Lord." Reference is to Eashoa the Messiah.
*30:18.2 Lit. Aramaic retained: "God." Reference is to both Eashoa the Messiah and the Father.
*30:18.3 Lit. Aramaic retained: "The Lord." Reference is to Eashoa the Messiah.
*30:19 Lit. Aramaic word: "Çih-yun."
*30:20 Lit. Aramaic retained: "The Lord." Reference is to Eashoa the Messiah.
*30:21 Lit. Ar. id.: "And."
*30:24 Lit. Ar. id.: "Young bullocks."
*30:26.1 Lit. Ar. id.: "One by seven."
*30:26.2 NB! Like the light when the universe was created.
*30:26.3 Lit. Aramaic retained: "The Lord." Reference is to Eashoa the Messiah.
*30:26.4 NB! Reference is to the Day when Eashoa shall heal the wounds of the Jewish apostles.
*30:27.1 Lit. Ar. id.: "Fame."
*30:27.2 Lit. Aramaic retained: "The Lord." Reference is to the Lord Eashoa.
*30:28.1 Lit. Ar. id.: "Meanderings."
*30:28.2 Lit. Ar. id.: "Troubles."
*30:29.1 NB! This verse has been inserted after 32 in the St. Joseph Edition of the Catholic Bible.
*30:29.2 Lit. Aramaic retained: "The Lord." Reference is to Eashoa the Messiah.
*30:30.1 Lit. Aramaic retained: "The Lord." Reference is to Eashoa the Messiah.
*30:30 Lit. Ar. idiomatic construction: "The flames of fire that consumes."
*30:31.1 Lit. Ar. id.: "From."
*30:31.2 Lit. Aramaic retained: "The Lord." Reference is to Eashoa the Messiah.
*30:31.3 Lit. Ar. id.: "Atourayah." "Assyrian."
*30:31.4 Lit. Ar. id.: "Break."
*30:32 Lit. Aramaic retained: "The Lord." Reference is to Eashoa the Messiah.
*30:33.1 Lit. Ar. id.: "Be king."
*30:33.2 Lit. Ar. id.: "Expanded."
*30:33.3 Lit. Aramaic retained: "The Lord." Reference is to Eashoa the Messiah.
Posted Aug. 28, 2012
Isaiah Index | Bible Index