1. Behold, Maryah* shall cause the earth (to
and He shall [cast] her out and wipe her face,*
and He shall scatter her inhabitants.
2. And the people shall become like the priest,
and the servant like his master,
and the maiden like her mistress,
the buyer like the seller, and the lender like the borrower --
like the owner of the debt, for which he is responsible.
3. They shall be utterly ruined,* [the inhabitants of] the earth,
they shall be utterly plundered,*
for it is Maryah* who has spoken this oracle.
4. She shall lament and sit, and [the whole world] shall mourn.
They shall lament, the highest of the earth.
5. And the earth shall resemble its inhabitants,
because they transgressed the Law;
they* changed the commandment and abolished the eternal* covenant.
6. Because of these the earth shall sit in mourning,
and all its inhabitants shall be held responsible;
because of that all the earth's inhabitants shall become corrupt
and a few human [beings] shall remain.
7. The [bushels of] wheat sat mournfully and the vines lamented,
and all the glad of heart were sighing.
8. Joy and the tambourines have been discarded,*
and the voices* of exultation have been stilled --
happiness and the harps have been retired.
9. They shall no longer sing when drinking wine;
[wine causes] its imbibers to fall into a drunken stupor.*
10. The city shall be plundered and all the wine cellars* shall be closed.
11. They shall cry for wine in the streets;
all happiness has disappeared,*
and the joy of the earth has gone away.
12. And all that remains in the city is destruction,
and the gates shall be woefully reduced.
13. Thus it shall be on earth between nations,
like the shaking of the olive trees,
and like the gleaning when the grapes [have been picked.]
14. These shall raise their voices and glorify Maryah's* magnificence,
and they shall neigh from the sea.
15. This is why with praises they shall glorify Maryah,*
and [this is why] the name of Maryah Allaha* of Israel
shall be known in the islands of the sea,*
16. From the pinnacles of the earth, I heard the songs;
the power of the holy one, who said, "Sermonize me, sermonize me;
[they brought down the abomination from above,]
the abominations of abomination they have brought down upon us."
17. Terror and the pit, and the trap, are awaiting* you, O inhabitants of the earth.
18. And whoever runs from the sound of terror shall fall in the pit,
and whoever climbs out of the pit shall be caught by the trap,
because the floodgates shall open up from the highest
and the foundations of the earth shall be shaken.
19. The earth shall utterly* be shaken,
and the earth shall utterly give birth;
and the earthy shall utterly reach maturation.*
20. And the earth shall be wracked* like a drunkard and sway like a hut,
and the abominations that befall her shall grow [in size,]
and it shall not manage to rise up [again.]
21. And on that Day, Maryah* shall command over the powers
and the majesty in the highest
and over the kings of the earth, upon the earth.
22. And the congregations shall congregate upon the prisoners of the cavern,
and they shall encompass the initiated,
and they shall be saved to the greatness of days.*
23. And the moon shall be embarrassed
and the sun shall be put to shame,
because the Almighty Maryah* shall reign upon Mount Zion and Jerusalem,
and He shall be glorified before His saints.*
*24:1.1 Lit. Aramaic retained: "The Lord." Reference is to Eashoa (Jesus) the Messiah.
*24:1.2 Lit. Ar. id.: "Faces," or "surface."
*24:3.1 Lit. Ar. id.: "Ruinously ruined."
*24:3.2 Lit. Ar. id.: "Plunderingly plundered."
*24:3.3 Lit. Aramaic retained: "The Lord." Reference is to Eashoa (Jesus) the Messiah.
*24:5.1 Lit. Ar. id.: "And."
*24:5.2 Lit. Ar. id.: "Universal."
*24:8.1 Lit. Ar. id.: "Nullified."
*24:8.2 Lit. Ar. id.: "Sound."
*24:9 Lit. Ar. idiomatic construction: "Drunken stupefies its drinkers."
*24:10 Lit. Ar. id.: "House of supplies."
*24:11 Lit. Ar. id.: "Been canceled."
*24:14 Lit. Aramaic retained: "The Lord's." Reference is to Eashoa (Jesus) the Messiah.
*24:15.1 Lit. Aramaic retained: "The Lord." Reference is to Eashoa (Jesus) the Messiah.
*24:15.2 Lit. Aramaic retained: "The Lord God." Reference is to Eashoa (Jesus) the Messiah.
*24:17 Lit. Ar. id.: "Upon."
*24:19.1 Lit. Ar. id.: "Shakingly."
*24:19.2 Lit. Ar. id.: "Birthingly birth."
*24:19.3 Lit. Ar. id.: "[Become] ripeningly ripe."
*24:20 Lit. Ar. id.: "Shakingly shaken."
*24:21 Lit. Aramaic retained: "The Lord." Reference is to Eashoa (Jesus) the Messiah.
*24:22 Lit. Ar. idiom retained: "The longest time," or "the fullness of time."
*24:23.1 Lit. Aramaic retained: "The Lord." Reference is to Eashoa (Jesus) the Messiah.
*24:23.2 NB! Greatest prophesy regarding the Coming of the Messiah Eashoa (Jesus) in the Old Testament Scripture of Isaiah.
Isaiah Index | Bible Index