1. The Fall of the Wasteland by the Sea.*
Like a storm from the South,
she will rush from the wilderness and come from distant lands.
2. A heavy vision shall reveal itself to us,
the oppressor shall oppress and the plunderer shall plunder;
rise up Elam and the Median mountains,
and all the sighing shall be to no avail.*
3. Because of that my back is filled with tremors,
and [labor pains] have overwhelmed me
like the [state] of a woman giving birth,
trembling such that I cannot hear and too confused to notice.
4. I have lost my heart and I have been wracked by trembling,*
and what I considered beautiful* has been consecrated for me as torment.
5. Consecrate the altars,* take notice of the heavenly signs,*
eat and drink, raise the princes,* anoint the gatekeepers.
6. Because thus said Maryah* to me, "I shall raise the strangers,
so as what is observed can be revealed."
7. And he saw a chariot with two steeds,
and he heard the sound of a throng.
8. And the watchman called out in their ears and said,
"I am Maryah who rises surely every day
and at my guard post I stand all the nights."
9. And, behold, there came a man, from the horsemen,
who* replied and said, "There she falls, there she falls, Babylon,*
and all her carved gods are broken upon the earth,
from those that were reaped and from those that were threshed."*
10. That which I heard from Maryah Allaha* of Israel I have shown you.
11. The Fall of Dumah.
To me he called, the chief* night guard.
12. The guard said, "The day has arrived, as well as the night;
if you want, come again."
13. Fall of the Arab.*
In the evening you shall encamp on the path to Dorniem.
14. When faced by the thirsty, bring waters,
those Southern inhabitants of the Earth;
approach the scattered with your bread.
15. Because it is on account* of the saber that they scattered,
and on account of the whetted sword,
and on account of the fully arched* bow,
and on account of the severity of the war.
16. Because thus said Maryah* to me,
"A year shall be brought to conclusion,
like the years of the hired [workers;]
all the glory of Qedar shall disappear."
17. and the remaining number of archers,
the men of Qedar shall be diminished,
because Maryah Allaha* of Israel has spoken.
*21:1 NB! The prophesy regarding Rome and the seats of other empires.
*21:2 Lit. Ar. id.: "Retired," or "voided."
*21:4.1 Lit. Ar. id.: "The tremors have shaken me."
*21:3.2 Lit. Ar. id.: "The beauties of my will."
*21:5.1 Lit. Ar. id.: Or: "Grace the table [for offering.]"
*21:5.2 Lit. Ar. id.: "Gaze at the celestial bodies."
*21:5.3 Lit. Ar. id.: Or: "Noblemen."
*21:6 Lit. Ar. id.: "The Lord." Reference is to Eashoa (Jesus) the Messiah.
*21:9.1 Lit. Ar. id.: "And."
*21:9.2 Lit. Ar. id.: "Ba-wil."
*21:9.3 NB! Prophesy repeated centuries later in the Book of Revelation.
*21:10 Lit. Aramaic retained: "The Lord God." Reference is to Eashoa (Jesus) the Messiah.
*21:11 Lit. Ar. id.: "Inspector," or "caretaker."
*21:13 Lit. Ar. id.: "Urbayah," or "Nomad."
*21:15.1 Lit. Ar. id.: "From before."
*21:15.2 Lit. Ar. id.: "Filled."
*21:16 Lit. Aramaic retained: "The Lord." Reference is to Eashoa (Jesus) the Messiah.
*21:17 Lit. Aramaic retained: "The Lord God." Reference is to Eashoa (Jesus) the Messiah.
Isaiah Index | Bible Index