1. In the third year of King Cyrus* the
Persian, the revelation* came to Daniel, whose name is called Beltshazzar,
and the revelation was genuine, and the revelation made itself understood
with great impact, and Daniel learned of its impact through the vision.
2. In those days, I, Daniel, was sitting in mourning
three [periods of] Seven Days.
3. The bread that sustains the body* I did not eat,
neither did wine and meat enter my mouth, nor did I anoint with oil
anything, until three periods of the Seven Days were completed.
4. On the Twenty-fourth Day of the first month, I was on
one side* of the River Euphrates,*
5. And I raised my eyes and saw and, behold, a man who*
was arrayed in garments of honor and his sight was framed in glorious
6. His sight was awesome and there is nothing to compare
it to, his face* was like seeing lightening, his eyes were like torches of
fire, his arms and shoulders were like eyelets of brass that sparkle, and
the sound of his utterances was like the sound of great armies.*
7. And I, Daniel, saw this vision all by myself and the
other men who were with me did not see it, except a great fear fell upon
them and they ran away from fear.
8. And I alone remained behind* and saw this great
vision; there was no strength left in me, my innards churned inside me,*
and I could not think of anything.*
9. And as I heard the sound of his words, I fell upon my
face on the ground.*
10. And, behold, a hand approached and raised me to my
hands and knees.*
11. And he said to me, "Rise, Daniel, man of zeal, and learn
through the revelation, and learn through the revelation that I speak of
to you, and uphold your covenant,* because this is why I have been sent to
you."* And as he spoke of this manifestation to me, I stood up
12. And he said to me, "Fear not, Daniel, because from the First
Day that you gave your heart to the knowledge of upholding your covenant
before your God, your words were heard and I came on account of your
13. "And the authority of the Persian kingdom stood before me
Twenty-one Days, and, behold, Michael, one of the first great ones, came
to my aid and remained there before the authority of Persia.
14. "And I came for the sake of your seeing that which will be
imposed upon your people in the End of Days, because this vision too is
regarding the Last Days."
15. And as he spoke to me these words, I consecrated my face* to the
ground* and remained silent.
16. And, behold, in the likeness of a human being he approached my
lips, and I opened my mouth, I spoke, and I said to the one who stood
before me, "During the vision my innards turned inside me,* and I
could not stand [on my feet.]
17. "How can this servant of the Lord speak with my lord now?
Behold, there is no strength in me and no breath can be found in me."
18. Then he approached me even more in the likeness of a human being
and empowered me.
19. And he said to me, "Fear not, O, man of zeal, peace be upon
you, be strengthened and empowered." And as he spoke to me, I was
strengthened and said, "Speak, my lord, for I am strengthened."
20. And he said to me, "Do you know wherefore I have come to you?
Now I shall return to do battle with the authority of Persia, and as I
exit, behold, there comes the authority of the Greeks.
21. "Thus I will show you what is recorded in the Infallible Book,
and there would be no one who would help in all these if it were not* for
Michael, your authority, and I.