Revelation chapter 7
1. And after that I saw four angels that stood at
the four corners of the earth and [they were] holding the four spirits*
of the earth, so that no spirit* could be found* on the earth and none
over the sea or over the trees.
2. And I saw another angel, and he ascended from the
east of the sun,* who has the seal of the living Allaha, and he cried in a
great voice to the angels, these that were given the [task of] blazing*
of the earth and the sea, as he said,
3. "Do not harm* the earth, neither the sea nor the trees, until we stamp the servants* of our
4. And I heard the number of those who were stamped
[that was] one hundred and forty and four thousand, stamped from every
generation of Israelites.
5. From the generation of Judah, twelve thousand
stamped. And from the generation of Ruben, twelve thousand, from the
generation of Gad, twelve thousand,
6. From the generation of Asher, twelve thousand,
from the generation of Naphtali, twelve thousand, from the generation
of Manasseh, twelve thousand.
7. From the generation of Simeon, twelve thousand.
From the generation of Levi, twelve thousand. From the generation of
Issachar, twelve thousand.
8. From the generation of Zebulun, twelve thousand.
From the generation of Joseph, twelve thousand. From the generation of
Benjamin, twelve thousand.
9. And after these I saw, and behold a great crowd,
those whose number no human [being] could count, from every
tribe and nation and generation and tongue, that stood before the
throne, and before the Lamb, [having been] attired in white robes and
with [fruit-laden] palm branches in their hands,
10. And crying out in a great voice, saying,
"Salvation to our
...to whom sits on the throne
......and to the Lamb!"
11. And all the angels [that] stood around the
throne, and those priests and those four life forms, (and they) fell
before his throne, over their faces, and they worshipped Allaha,
12. As they said,
"Amen. Blessing and glory and wisdom,
And thanksgiving and honor and power
And hosanna* to our
To [the end of] the universes
Of all the universes, Amen."
13. And [there] interjected* one of the priests and
said to me, "These who have acquired those white robes, who might they
be? And from where did they come?"
14. And I told him, "[My] master, you know best!"* And he said to me,
"These are those who are coming
...from great tribulation,
And they have washed their robes
...and have cleansed* them
By the blood of the Lamb.
15. "This is why
...they are before the throne of
And serve him
...day and night in his temple,
And the one
...who sits on the throne,
16. "They will hunger no more
...and thirst no more,
And neither shall the sun
...beat down upon them,
And nor excessive* heat.
17... "For the Lamb
Who is in the center of the throne
...shall shepherd them,
And will nurture* them
...by the springs of Living Waters,
And Allaha will wash away
...every tear drop from their eyes."
7:1*Lit. Ar. idiom retained. Also, "winds."
*Lit. Ar. idiom retained. "Wind."
*Lit. Ar. id.: "Seen."
7:2*Lit. Ar. idiomatic expression retained. "From the East."
*Lit. Ar. id.: "Heating," or "Lighting."
7:3*Lit. Ar. id.: "Blaze."
*Lit. Ar. id.: "Saves."
*Lit. Ar. idiomatic expression retained. "On their foreheads."
7:12*Lit. Ar. id.: "The [Life-giving] palm."
7:13*Lit. Ar. id.: Contemplative response.
7:14*Lit. Ar. idiomatic expression: "You know [it] yourself!"
*Lit. Ar. id.: "Whitened."
7:15*Lit. Ar. idiomatic expression: "Leans over them."
7:16*Lit. Ar. id.: "All."
*Lit. Ar. id.: "Endow [them]."
Revelation chapter 8