Revelation chapter 21
1. And I saw the new heaven and the new earth. For
that first heaven, and the first earth went [away], and there was no
2. And I saw the holy city New Jerusalem as it came
down from Allaha, as pleasing as a rightful wife for her husband.
3. And I heard a great voice from heaven, saying,
"Behold, the home of
...with human beings,
And his dwelling*
They shall be his people,
...and the Allaha
Shall be their
4. "And he shall wipe every tear
...from their eyes,
And death will no longer exist,
...no mourning or crying.
And there will no longer be
For the first [order of things]
...will have passed."
5. And there said the one
...who sat on the throne,
"And, behold, I am
And he said to me,
"Write, for these manifestations
...are the faith and the truth of
6. And he said to me,
"I have accomplished
...the Alap and the Tau*,
The start and the conclusion.*
To those* who thirst
I shall give freely
...of the spring of Living Waters*.
7. "Those* who are victorious,
...shall inherit these,
And I shall be their
...and they shall be my child.
8. "As for the traitors*
...and the unfaithful,
And sinners and the corrupt,
And the killers and the fornicators,
And the witches and the idol makers*,
And all the liars--their portion
...is in the sea that burns
With fire and brimstone,
which is that final* death."
9. And there came one of the seven angels, those who
have the seven chalices, those that were filled with the last seven
plagues, and he spoke to me, as he said, "Come, let me show you the
bride, the wife of that Lamb."
10. And he took me in spirit to a great and high
mountain, and he showed me that great city Jerusalem, as it came down
from heaven, from Allaha.
11. That which has the glory of Allaha, like the
radiance of a gem, that resembles a great precious stone, like Jasper
and like a crystal,*
12. [The city] has a great, tall wall, that has
twelve gates, and the names that are written on them, are the names of
the twelve tribes of Israel.
13. From the east, three gates; and from the north,
three gates; and from the south, three gates; and from the west, three
14. And on the wall of the city, that has twelve foundations,
and on them [are written] the twelve names of the
twelve apostles of the Lamb.
15. And the one who spoke with me, had a measuring
reed of gold, so that he would measure the city and its gates and its
16. And the city was laid out* foursquare, and its
length as its width, and he measured the city with the reed, over the
twelve furlongs of twelve thousand, and its length and its width and
its height were the same.
17. And he measured its wall, one hundred and
forty-four measures of human right arms, which is the same as the
18. And the material* of its wall [was] Jasper. And that city of pure gold, like a gem, [was] immaculate!
19. And the foundations of the city's wall, were
embossed* with every precious stone. The first foundation [was] jasper,
the second sapphire. The third [was] chalcedony, the fourth emerald.
20. The fifth one [was] sardonyx, the sixth
carnelian, the seventh chrysolite, the eight beryl. The ninth [was]
topaz, the tenth chrysoprase, the eleventh hyacinth, the twelfth
21. And the twelve doors [were] twelve pearls, one
[by] one, each of the doors, and every one of them a unique* pearl, and
the broad avenue of the city [was] of pure gold, like a mirror*.
22. And I saw no temple in it. For that Maryah, the One and Only for all, is its temple and that Lamb.
23. And that city has no need of a sun, or a moon,
so as to give it light. For the glory of Allaha makes it glow* and the
Lamb is its light*.
24. And there will walk the nations who are saved in
the light that he is, and the kings of the earth, as they bring their
glorification through him and the honor of the nations for him.
25. And the doors [of the city] are not secured in the day. And* there is no night there.
26. And the glory and honor of the nations are expressed* in it.
27. And no one corrupt shall enter abomination into
[the city,] nor the performer of demonic acts or falsehood,* except
[there enter] those who are written in the book of Life of that Lamb.
21:1*Lit. Ar. id.: "Resting."
21:4*Lit. Ar. id.: "Afflictions," or "sicknesses."
21:6*Not "Omega," since Aramaic is the only scribal
language of Scriptures, and "Tau" is the last letter of the alphabet.
*Lit. Ar. idiomatic expression: "The head and the peaceful [end.]"
*Lit. Ar. id.: "The one."
*Lit. Ar. id.: Or: "Water of Life."
21:7*Lit. Ar. id.: "The one."
21:8*Lit. Ar. id.: "Fearful for their own safety."
*Lit. Ar. id.: "Workers with."
*Lit. Ar. id.: "Recurring."
21:11*Lit. Ar. idiomatic construction: "Like the stone of Jasper, that resembles crystal."
21:16*Lit. Ar. id.: "Placed."
21:18*Lit. Ar. id.: "Structure," or "style."
21:19*Lit. Ar. id.: "Decorated."
21:21*Lit. Ar. id.: "One."
*Lit. Ar. id.: "Reflecting glass."
21:23*Lit. Ar. id.: "Brighten."
*Lit. Ar. id.: "Torch," "lamp."
21:25*Lit. Ar. id.: "For."
21:26*Lit. Ar. id.: "Brought."
21:27*Lit. Ar. idiomatic construction: "And nor
[enters] abomination into her the corrupt, and the doer of demonic
[acts] and falsehood."
Revelation chapter 22