Revelation chapter 20
1. And I saw the angel that came down from heaven,
who has the key to the abyss and a great chain in his hand.
2. And he seized the dragon, that ancient serpent*,
who became the devil* and Satan, who misleads* the whole world, and he
tied him for a thousand years.
3. And he threw him into the abyss, and he took and
sealed him from above, so that he could not mislead the nations again
until those thousand years come to their conclusion. After this [time,]
however, he will be unchained for a short while*.
4. And I saw the chairs and those sitting on them.
And judgment was given to them and to those souls who were killed*
because of the testimony of Eashoa and because of the Allaha Manifest, and to those people* who neither* worshipped that demon, nor* his image,
and neither took on the mark over their foreheads*, nor over their
hand, and they lived and reigned with their Anointed One these thousand
5. This is the first resurrection.
6. Blessed is that one and saintly is that one who
has a share in this first resurrection. Over them the recurring* death
has no authority, except they shall become high priests of Allaha and his
Anointed One, and they will reign with him these thousand years.
7. And when the thousand years are completed, that Satan is unchained from his prison*.
8. And he emerges to mislead* the nations, to those
who are in the four corners of the earth, to incite and mobilize,* to
gather them to [do] battle, those whose number is like the sand of the sea.
9. And they ascended over the breath of the earth,
and they searched for the dwelling* places of the saints and the
beloved city, and fire came down from heaven, from Allaha, and consumed
10. And the devil who misled* them was thrown in the
sea of fire and brimstone, where also [was thrown] that demon and the
false prophet, and they shall be tormented day and night to [the end
of] the universes of all the universes.
11. And I saw a very white throne, and the
one who sat above it, from whose face ran the earth and the heaven and
because of this no place was found for them.
12. And I saw the dead, the great and the small, as
they stood before the throne. And the books were opened, and another
book was opened, that is* [the book] of Life, and the dead, from the
ones written of in the books, are judged according to their works*.
13. And the sea gave up the dead in it, and Death
and Sheol gave up the dead in them, and everyone was judged according
to their works.
14. And Death and Sheol were thrown into that sea of
fire. This is where the recurring* death happens, that fiery sea.
15. And if a human [being] is not found written of
in the book of Life, they are thrown into that sea of fire.
20:2*Lit. Ar. idiomatic construction: "That serpent, that ancient."
*Lit. Ar. id.: "Thrower," or "Ouster."
*Lit. Ar. id.: "Loses." Or: causes to be lost.
20:3*Lit. Ar. id.: "Season."
20:4*Lit. Ar. id.: "Slaughtered," or "beheaded."
*Lit. Ar. id.: "Human [beings.]"
*Lit. Ar. id.: "And not."
*Lit. Ar. id.: "And not."
*Lit. Ar. id.: "Between their eyes."
20:6*Lit. Ar. idiom retained. Or: "final."
20:7*Lit. Ar. id.: "House of protection."
20:8*Lit. Ar. idiomatic figure of speech: "Cause them to be lost."
*Lit. Ar. idiomatic expression: "Gog and Megog."
20:9*Lit. Ar. id.: "Resting."
20:10*Lit. Ar. id.: "Lost."
20:12*Lit. Ar. id.: "Becomes."
*Lit. Ar. id.: "Actions."
20:14*Lit. Ar. id.: "Final."
Revelation chapter 21