Revelation chapter 17
1. And there came one of those seven angels, the
ones who have the seven chalices, and spoke with me as he said, "Come,
let me show you the judgment* of that great prostitute, who sits over
2. "With whom fornicated the kings of the earth, and
from whose wine of prostitution became drunk the dwellers of the earth."
3. And he took me [back] to the wilderness
spiritually*, and I saw the woman as she sat on a red demon*, that was
full of blasphemous names, that has seven heads and ten horns.
4. And that woman was dressed in purple and scarlet
and adorned* with gold, precious stones and pearls, who has a golden
cup in her hand which is filled with the filth and uncleanness of her
prostitution on earth.
5. And between her eyes,* the disposition that is
written: Babylon the Great, mother of prostitution and earthly
6. And I saw the woman that was drunk with the blood
of the Saints and the witnesses of Eashoa, and I was amazed as I saw the
7. And the angel told me, "Are you amazed because of
this? I will tell you about the disposition of the woman and the demon
who bears her, the one who has the seven heads and the ten horns.
8. "The demon* that you saw was going to be and he
was destined to rise out of the abyss and go to oblivion, the dwellers
of the earth will be amazed, those whose name is not written in the
book of Life from the foundation of the universe, as they see that
demon who was going to be and he was not going to be, (and) [as] he
9. "This is where the mind that has wisdom
[manifests itself.]* These seven heads are seven mountains, over which
that woman sits.
10. "And the kings are seven, five of which have
fallen, one of them is, and the last one is yet to come, and when he
comes he will have little desire to rule.*
11. "And the demon who was going to be and was not
going to be, and this one is the eight, but* comes from the seven and
is a destroyer*.
12. "And the ten horns that you saw, are ten kings,
those people* who have not yet been crowned*, except authority as kings
is given* to them [for] one hour with that demon.*
13. "They [only] have one desire and their power and authority they give to that demon.
14. "These will fight with the Lamb, and the Lamb
shall be victorious over them, for he is the Lord of Lords and the King
of Kings, and those with him [are] the called and the chosen and the
15. And he told me, "The waters that you saw, where
that prostitute sits, they are the nations and peoples, and motherlands
16. "And the ten horns that you saw and that demon,
they hate that prostitute, and they will lay* her to waste and [leave
her] naked, and they will eat her flesh and set her aflame.*
17. "For Allaha has put* it in their hearts to do His
will only,* and give their kingship to that demon, until these words of Allaha are fulfilled.
18. "And the woman that you saw, is that great city* which rules* the kings of the world.*
17:1*Lit. Ar. id.: "Sentence," or: condemnation.
17:3*Lit. Ar. id.: "By the spirit."
*Lit. Ar. id.: "Carnivorous creature," or: demonic beast.
17:4*Lit. Ar. id.: "Gilded."
17:5*Lit. Ar. id.: "On her forehead."
17:9*Lit. Ar. idiomatic construction: "This is where the mind that has wisdom."
17:10*Lit. Ar. idiomatic expression: "Little blessed is he to [hold] them together."
17:11*Lit. Ar. id.: "And."
*Lit. Ar. id.: "Oblivionator."
17:12*Lit. Ar. id.: "Human [beings.]"
*Lit. Ar. id.: "Placed," or "set up."
*Lit. Ar. id.: "Set."
*The Soviet Union and its satellite states.
17:16*Lit. Ar. id.: "Make."
*Lit. Ar. idiomatic expression: "Burn her with fire."
17:17*Lit. Ar. id.: "Give."
*Lit. Ar. idiomatic expression: "And to do one will."
*Lit. Ar. idiomatic figure of speech: "Has kingship upon."
*... approximately present day at this point of the vision.
Revelation chapter 18