Revelation chapter 16
1. And I heard a great voice telling those seven
angels, go and spill those seven chalices of the ferment* of Allaha on the
2. And the first one went and tossed his chalice on
the earth, and a wicked pestilence and boils afflicted humanity, those
who possessed the mark of that demon and those who worship his image.
3. And the second angel spilled his chalice over the
sea, and it became like the blood of the dead, and every living breath
died for those who lived at sea.
4. And the third angel spilled his chalice in the rivers and water springs and [they turned] into blood.
5. And I heard the angel of the waters declare,
"Holy are You,
He who Is,
He who [always] Was,
For you have judged them*.
6. "For the blood of the saints
...and the prophets they spilled,
And the blood*
...that you gave them to drink,
They do deserve it."
7. And I heard the altar cry out,
...who is the One and Only for all,
True and holy are your judgments."
8. And the fourth one spilled his chalice over the sun, and he was given to scorch humanity with the fire.
9. And those people were scorched in the great heat,
and people blasphemed against the name of Allaha, who has authority over
these plagues, and they did not repent so as to give him glory.
10. And the fifth one spilled his chalice on the
throne of that demon and made his kingdom dark, and they chewed their
tongues because of the soreness.
11. And they blasphemed against the Allaha of heaven
because of their sores and their pestilence and they did not repent of
12. And the sixth one spilled his chalice on the
great river Euphrates, and its waters dried up, so that the way was
laid out for those kings from the rising sun.*
13. And I saw [emerging] from the mouth of the
dragon and from the mouth of that demon and from the mouth of the false
prophet, three filthy spirits like frogs.
14. For they are the signs of the demon of oblivion,
those that go to all the kings of the world to gather them for battle
of that great day of Allaha, who is the One and Only for all.
15. "And, behold, I am coming like a thief!
Blessed is the one that observes
...and guards one's clothing*,
So as not to flee* naked
...and be seen in one's embarrassment."
16. And they gathered to that place, which is called in Hebrew, Armageddon*.
17. And the seventh one spilled his chalice on the
air, and a great voice emerged from the temple that declared, "Here it
18. And there was lightening and thunder and sounds,
and [there was] a great earthquake, like there never was since there
were human beings on earth, so great an earthquake there occurred.
19. And that great city was split for the three of
them,* and the cities of the nations fell, and Babylon the Great was
remembered before Allaha, as it was given the cup of wine of that ferment
of Allaha's anger.
20. And every island ran away and there were no mountains to be found.
21. And a great hail, [heavy] like talents, [fell]
from the sky over humanity, and those people blasphemed against Allaha because of the punishment* of that hail*, for great was its striking
16:1*Lit. Ar. idiom retained. "Wrath."
16:5*Lit. Ar. id.: "These."
16:6*Lit. Ar. idiom retained. "The plague in the waters."
16:12*Lit. Ar. idiomatic construction: "From the east [or, rising] of the sun."
16:15*Lit. Ar. id.: "Personal effects."
*Lit. Ar. id.: "Stride."
16:16*Lit. Ar. id.: "City of Defilement." Or: Nazi Berlin.
16:17*Lit. Ar. idiomatic expression: "It is happening!" Or: WW II.
16:21*Lit. Ar. id.: "Plague."
*Lit. Ar. idiomatic construction: "Because that was great its beating too much."
Revelation chapter 17