Revelation chapter 10
1. And I saw a powerful angel that came down from
heaven who was granted* a cloud, and a cloud halo* over his head, and
his face* [was] like the sun and his legs like pillars of fire.
2. And he has in his hand a little opened book, and
he set his right leg over the sea, but the left on the earth.
3. And he cried out in a great voice, as the lion
roars, and as he cried [out,] the seven thunders spoke in their own
4. And as the seven thunders spoke, I prepared to
write, and I heard a voice from heaven that said, "Conclude* what the
seven thunders spoke and of that do not write."
5. And that angel that I saw -- as he stood over the sea and over the
earth -- raised his right hand to heaven,
6. And swore by the one who lives to [the end of]
the universes of all the universes, the one who created the heaven and
those that are in it, and the earth and those that are on it, and the
sea and those that are in it--that time* should no longer exist.*
7. Except in the days of the seventh angel, when he
is prepared to blow, (and) God's sermon shall be fulfilled as it was
established for his servants*, the prophets.
8. And the voice that I heard from heaven, spoke to
me again and said, "Go and take the little book that I opened by the
hand of the angel who stands over the sea and over the earth."
9. And I went to the angel, as I told him to give me
the little book, and he said to me, "Take and eat it and it will hurt
your stomach, except in your mouth it will be sweet as honey."
10. And I took the little book from the hand of the
angel and I ate it, and in my mouth it became sweet as honey, and as I
ate it my stomach hurt.
11. And he said to me, "You have been sanctified
again to prophesy over nations and over peoples and their heads and [over] great kings."
10:1*Lit. Ar. id.: "Had plucked."
*Lit. Ar. id.: "Bow."
*Lit. Ar. id.: "Visage."
10:4*Lit. Ar. id.: "Seal up."
10:6*Lit. Ar. id.: "Season."
*Lit. Ar. idiomatic construction: "That season not again be."
10:7*Lit. Ar. id.: "Slaves."
Revelation chapter 11