1. Because of that, preach wisdom, and knowledge shall reply to you.
2. For on high [there sits] wisdom, and between the roads* and at her pathways she stands.
3. And she calls out at the gates with her mouth, and at the entrances of the doorways she sings* out and says,
4. "Men, I call on you, and my voice is upon humanity.*
5. "So as the childish may learn sagacity, and the deficient in intellect may understand in their hearts.
6. "Listen to me, because I speak truthfully, and I open my mouth with rectitude.
7. "For my mouth confirms the truth, and the lips that tell lies are an abomination before me.
8. "And all the words of my mouth are through righteousness, and there are none that are twisted or crooked.
9. "And they are all revealed to the one who comprehends them, and they are correct to those who wish to know them.
10. "Take up discipline,* and not money, and choose for yourselves knowledge, which is better than refined gold.
11. Because that wisdom is far better than refined gold and more than precious stones, and nothing compares to her.
12. "I, wisdom, created sagacity, knowledge and understanding.
13. "Submission to Maryah is the hatred of evil; and extravagance, haughtiness and the evil path; and I hate the mouth that renegs.
14. "Mine is the intelligence and the knowledge, mine is the learning and mine is the mightiness.
15. "On account of me kings rule and authorities examine righteousness.
16. "On account of me the authorities rule, and the nobles, and all the judges of righteousness.
17. "I have mercy on those who have mercy* toward me and those that seek me find me.
18. "Opulence and honor are mine, and the ancient possessions and the righteousness.
19. "And my fruits are better than precious gold and my treasures* [are more] than choice silver.
20. "I walk through the path of righteousness and the avenues of judgment.
21. "And to surpass the expectations of those who [show] me mercy, and I shall fulfill their ordination.
22. "Maryah created* me as the beginning* of his creations, before all his works.*
23. "And before the universe He had* me, and from the inception and before He created space.*
24. "Whence there was the infinite matter* that which was created and before there was water in the springs.
25. "And whence the mountains were formed and the hills were formed; I was [conceived] in the womb.
26. "Whence He created me the earth and the sands and before the beginnings of the dust of the universe.
27. "When He created the heaven, I was with Him, and as He inscribed the orb over the chaos.
28. "As He mustered the clouds from above, and as He empowered the fountains of the deep.
29. "And as He consecrated the Law over the sea, and the water did not enter into the mouth [of the deep] and as He made the foundations of space.
30. "With Him I achieved it; He was happy with me everyday, and in every season I was happy before Him.*
31. "I was happy with His entire universe, and I would be glorified through humanity.
32. "Because the children do listen to me; blessed are they who guard my ways.
33. "They hear my instructions and become wise, and they are not lost.
34. "Blessed are the human beings who listen to me, and are vigilant at my gates everyday, and those who guard the thresholds of my doors.
35. "Because my outpourings are the issuance* of [eternal] Life, and they are the will of Maryah.
36."And those who sin against themselves are ejected and all those who hate me are the lovers of death."
*8:2 Lit. Ar. id.: "At the crossroads."
*8:3 Lit. Ar. id.: "Praises."
*8:4 Lit. Ar. idiomatic construction: "My voice is directed toward the children of human beings."
*8:10 Lit. Ar. id.: "Learning," or "Knowledge."
*8:17 Lit. Ar. id.: "Who are relations."
*8:19 Lit. Ar. id.: "My upper production."
*8:22.1 Lit. Ar. id.: Or: "Begot."
*8:22.2 Lit. Ar. id.: "Head."
*8:22.3 NB! Prophesying about when Eashoa enters the world.
*8:23.1 NB! Being part of.
*8:23.2 Lit. Ar. id.: "Earth," in the sense of "space." Before time and before space existed.
*8:24 Lit. Ar. id.: "Before the chaos."
*8:30 NB! Reference to the Father and the Son.
*8:35 Lit. Ar. id.: "Issuings."
Proverbs 9 | Proverbs Index | Aramaic Bible Index