1. Maryah abhors the deceitful scales, and is pleased with true weights.
2. The effect of unrestrained cursing is overwhelming, an to the gentle there is wisdom.
3. The hope of the faithful shall return, and the arrogance of the abominable shall be cast down.
4. Wealth does not provide comfort on the day of wrath; righteousness, however, shall deliver you from death.
5. The righteousness of the innocent makes his path, and through her abomination the abominable falls.
6. The righteousness of the innocent delivers them, and the abominable are caught through their abomination.
7. When the abominable man dies, his hope dies with him, thus* the hope of the evildoers comes to nothing.
8. The righteous is delivered from persecution, and the lawless enters in his place.
9. The abominable corrupt their friends with their mouth, and the righteous are fortified by their knowledge.
10. By the gracious acts of the righteous the cities are fortified, and by the disappearance of the abominable they are delighted.
11. By the blessings of the faithful* a city is uplifted, and by the mouth of the abominable it is ruined.
12. Whoever lashes out against his companion is lacking in wisdom,* and the man of learning abides in silence.
13. The devil reveals the plea, and the one who believes in the spirit protects* the Milta.*
14. A people who have no steward shall fall, and their redemption is through a multitude of counselors.
15. The evil person is bedeviled when he regards the righteous, because [the evil person] hates those who hold on to hope.
16. A woman's graciousness imparts glory to her man; however, the seat that a woman reviles [reveals] her hatred for the truth -- the lazy even when wealthy are depraved, and the powerful tend toward knowledge.
17. A righteous man sprinkles on to himself the good rewards, and the merciless man destroys his own body.
18. The depraved does fraudulent works, and he who sows righteousness his wages are honest.
19. The one born for righteousness goes on to eternal life,* and the one who performs evil is destined to die.*
20. Maryah abhors the depraved of heart, and is pleased by those who are not blemished in manner.*
21. He who gropes with his hand toward his friend cannot avoid evil, but* the offspring of the saintly shall escape.
22. Like the golden ring in the nose of a piglet, likewise a beautiful woman with bad taste.
23. The desire of the saintly is for blessings, and the hope of the abominable is for wrath.
24. There are those that sow their own and store up a great deal, and there are those that harvest what is not their own and yet it is too little for them.
25. The blessed soul is anointed, and the curser shall be cursed again.
26. He who holds back the staples during a famine shall leave it to the enemies, and the blessings shall be on the head of the one who sells it.
27. The one who desires blessings is seeking fulfillment, and the one who seeks evil shall bring it upon himself.
28. The wealthy who rely on their riches shall fall, and the righteous shall be plentiful like leaves.
29. He who builds his house fraudulently shall leave his children sighing, and he who does not secure his house shall divide the spirit between his children,* and the fool shall become the servant of the wise.
30. The fruits of the righteous are in that Tree of Life,* and the souls of the abominable fall off and scatter away.*
31. If the righteous lets go of eternal life,* how is the depraved and the sinner going to be found?
*11:7 Lit. Ar. id.: "And."
*11:11 Lit. Ar. id.: "Upstanding."
*11:13.1 Lit. Ar. id.: "Covers up."
*11:13.2 Lit. Ar. id.: "Manifestation." Prophecy regarding the Messiah Eashoa.
*11:19.1 Lit. Ar. idiomatic construction: "Born of righteousness to lives."
*11:19.2 Lit. Ar. idiomatic construction: "And the doer of evil to death."
*11:20 Lit. Ar. id.: "Way," or "their walk."
*11:21 Lit. Ar. id.: "And."
*11:29 Lit. Ar. idiom retained: "Fritter away the inheritance."
*11:30.1 Lit. Ar. id.: "Lives."
*11:30.2 Lit. Ar. idiomatic construction: "The fruits of the righteous are the Tree of Life and fall off the souls of the abominable."
*11:31 Lit. Ar. id.: "Lives."
Index | Aramaic Bible Index