Galilean transliteration of the Verses
4. "Oo-l'eichanah ni'-zilnah aa-nah yad-t'ein in-tun
Oo-oorkhah yad-t'ein in-tun."
5. Amir-leh Too-mah, "Mah-ran, la yad-t'ein ekh-nan
l'eichah aa-zil att, oo-eichanah mash-chikh-khi-nan
6. Amir-leh Eashoa, "Inna-nah, oor-khah
La-nash aateh l'wath Abbi ellah in biyyi.
7. Illoo-lee yad-t'ein ha-wee-tun, ap l'Abbi yad-t'ein
ha-wee-tun. Oo-min hash-shah yad-t'ein in-tun
8. Amir-leh Pe-lee-poos, "Mah-ran, kha-wan l'Abba oo-cha-doo-lan."
9. Amir-leh Eashoa, "Hanna chul-leh zaw-nah
um-khoon-nah, oo-la yat-it-lee Peleepah?
Min d'lee kha-zeh, kha-zeh l'Abba, oo eicha-nah att
amrit kha-wan l'Abba?
4. "And where I go to, you know [where that is,] and the way, you know
5. Thomas said to him, "[Our] Lord, we do not know where you are
going and how can we know where is the way?"
6. Jesus said to him, "I am the way and the truth and the Life. No one*
comes to my Father except through me.
7. "If you know me, you also know my Father. And from now on you
know Him and you see Him."
8. Philip said to him, "[Our] Lord, [let] us see the Father and convince*
9. Jesus said to him, "Here I have been with you all this time* and you
did not know me, Philipa*, whoever sees me, sees the Father, and how
then can you say, 'Show us the Father?'
*14:6 Lit. Ar. id.: "Human [being.]"
*14:8 Lit. Ar. id.: "Here you [have] it."
*14:9.1 Lit. Ar. id.: "Season."
*14:9.2 Playing ironically on his name, using a nickname, which means: "The learned."