The literal translation of the Gospel of John, chapter 1, verses 1 to 5 is as follows:
1. Brasheeth* there was the Milta.**
And that Milta was with God;
and God was that Milta.
2. This was brasheeth with God.
3. Everything was created by His hands,
otherwise nothing that is would exist.
4. Through him there was Life,
and that Life became the spark of humanity
5. And that fire lights the darkness,
and the darkness cannot put it out.
*Brasheeth does not mean: "In the Beginning." It really means "before the beginning;" that is "before the foundations of the universe," or "before Creation."
**Milta does not mean: "Logos" or "The Word." The term was coined by John to mean that Jesus was God in Action. I have chosen to translate "Milta" as "Manifestation." Jesus is the Manifestation of God, or He is God Manifest.
Audio file posted: March 12, 2006