Eashoa Msheekha (Jesus Christ) spoke Aramaic. Of course, this was two thousand years ago! The language has evolved and today it is like old English; it sounds different. The Ancient Church of the East, that emerged out of Jerusalem at the end of the Apostolic Age, referred to it as 'Leeshana Ateeqah' or the 'Old Tongue.' I call it Ancient Aramaic. It is still used in the liturgy of the Eastern Churches. It is sung during Mass. There are some clergy that know how to read it. It comes in many dialects of the Middle East and Africa, of the Eastern Churches, and of the Orthodox churches of some Eastern European countries. Nobody speaks this language anymore -- not the ancient form of it. Those who claim to speak Aramaic are only speaking modern derivatives of the language, just as nobody speaks Old English, or even Middle English anymore. Nobody speaks Koine Greek, Old Norse, or Old German, and so on. These languages have all evolved. And so today one also finds Hebrew and Aramaic spoken by millions of people in the Middle East, but these are modern versions of the language. The roots of many words are the same, however, and the old form can be learned. This I have done, so I can read the Scriptures and translate them faithfully. Actually, the Scriptures have preserved the Ancient Aramaic language, and the language has preserved the Scriptures. Ancient Aramaic is the first language spoken by human beings. The Scriptures were preserved only in this language. It is the language that Eashoa Msheekha (Jesus the Messiah) spoke.
Aramaic Scriptures: Matthew | Mark | Luke | John | Acts of the Apostles | Letters of the Apostles | Revelation
OT links: Genesis |Exodus | Isaiah | Daniel | Jonah | Jeremiah | Zechariah | Malachi | Qohlat (Ecclesiastics) | Proverbs (in progress) | Psalm 1 | Psalm 22
Links: Lord's Prayer | Audio | Video | THE APOSTLES movie | A Church Not Made With Hands | Ancient Aramaic Church | Original Project Proposal | Order Books
The Aramaic New Testament is the traditional English language terminology edition with footnotes, 516 pages, 5.5x8.5x1.3 inches paperback, font size 11. ($50 includes shipping) For other editions of the New Testament and Old Testament Books, please visit my Ordering Page.
To order by check or money order, write to:
Vic Alexander, translator
To order it through PayPal, click on the "Buy Now" button:
The Galilean Aramaic of the time of Eashoa Msheekha was not the same as the Galilean Aramaic of today, nor was it like the Hebrew of today -- even though both languages have evolved from the Ancient Aramaic of that time. The Galilean dialect of the Ancient Aramaic language of the time of Eashoa was the Ninevite Aramaic, today referred to as Ashurit by even the major scholars of Judaism. So the New Testament was recorded in Ancient Aramaic and later translated into Koine Greek, which is a form of Greek more akin to Aramaic, as it was heavily influenced by Aramaic. All human languages evolved out of the Leeshana Ateeqah (Ancient Tongue) that was spoken in Mesopotamia thousands of years before the Bible was written. However, Leeshana Ateeqah became the Leeshana Supprayah (Scribal Language) by the time of Eashoa Msheekha. This is the Sacred Scribal Language of the Scriptures, which the Hebrew Prophets had used, in its classical form, and the Apostles of Eashoa Msheekha used, in its final form. In fact, it is the language Eashoa Msheekha read the Scriptures from in all the synagogues and temples that He visited when He came to the world. This translation has been made from the Leeshana Supprayah, the Sacred Scribal Language of the Scriptures. This is the only Bible that has been translated from scratch using this language as the source material.
The hallmarks of this translation are:
(1) Restoring the name of Eil. Eil is the name of the Father that Eashoa (Jesus) used from the Cross, when He declared: 'Eil, Eil, l'manna shwiqtani.' Eil is the correct translation. ('El' is the article 'the' and therefore this leads to error in all the translations that don't transliterate the name of Eil correctly.) Only the Ancient Aramaic Scriptures carry the correct name of 'Eil.' This is the supreme name of the Eternal Creator of the Universe. It appears for the first time in Genesis 17:1 as Eil Shaddai (Eil the Almighty.) If the modern day Hebrew language revivalists do not accept the name of Eil as being the true name that appears in Genesis 17:1, how can they claim that the Old Testament was originated in Hebrew? (Google El-Shaddai and you will find that all the websites say 'El' is a pagan god of the Canaanite or Ugaritic religion. Here is the first one Wikipedia article.) In all the Hebrew Old Testaments' Book of Genesis the name is also given as 'El.' All the Bibles of all the languages of the world give the name as 'El.' The name is even misspelled in the Hebrew script! How could such a huge mistake go unnoticed? It is the denial of the Ancient Aramaic Scriptures of the Ancient Church of the East, the denial that they are the only authentic Scriptures.
(2) Identifying the name of Eashoa (Jesus) in Zechariah chapter 3, verse 1. It was said that the name of Eashoa (Jesus) did not appear in the Old Testament. My translation exposed the fact that the name of Eashoa (Jesus) was removed from the Old Testament Scriptures. Not only is the name of Eashoa (Jesus) in the Old Testament Scriptures, it is Eashoa that the Scriptures prophesy about throughout. Read my translation and you will see that it so. The name of Eashoa is correctly spelled in the Hebrew script, but incorrectly translated as Joshua in all the Western Old Testaments.
(3) Eashoa (Jesus) spoke of the Trinity in the Gospel of John chapter 5 verse 26; the 'Qnumeh' or the Trinity. My translation identifies the concept in the Gospel of John and in the Book of Exodus. In no other translation do you find it. It is only in the Ancient Aramaic Scriptures that the Trinity is revealed. The Trinity is also in Paul's Letter to the Hebrews chapter 1 verses 1-3. How could the Greek be the language of origination when the word for 'Trinity' has not been identified in several passages?
(4) Eashoa (Jesus) spoke of the Holy Spirit. He said in the Gospel of John that He would send them the Holy Spirit. And in the Book of Acts Eashoa (Jesus) baptizes His Disciples with the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit descended on Eashoa (Jesus) when He was baptized by John. This was the first time the New Testament presented the Holy Spirit. It is only through my translation that these concepts are clearly translated and identified.
(5) In the Ancient Aramaic language the Holy Spirit is feminine in gender. This has profound implications in the interpretation of the Scriptures correctly. In the Ancient Aramaic language there are two genders: feminine and masculine, there is no neuter. This is one of the sacred features of the Ancient Aramaic language. In Greek, Latin and English sometimes the Holy Spirit is referred to as 'it'; the Holy Spirit is never referred to as 'She.' These languages are male-oriented and misleading in the interpretation of certain doctrines. When the Holy Spirit is mentioned by Eashoa, He always refers to Her as She. This is not just a question of grammar; it is an expression of the Holy Spirit's nurturing quality and Her sacred, compassionate nature.
(1) If the Ancient Aramaic (Leeshana Ateeqah) was not the original language of the Scriptures, why did all forms and dialects of Hebrew, Aramaic, Greek, Latin, English, and all the languages of the world, miss identifying the name of Eil? Why did all the Western Churches miss the connection between the covenant that Allaha (God) made with Abraham in Genesis 17:1 and the words of Eashoa (Jesus) on the Cross in Mark 15:34? In both cases, the name of Allaha is Eil. You want further proof? Here's an article that covers all the variations of the missed name.
(2) 'Justification by Faith' has to be based on faith, and the Faith of Maran Eashoa Msheekha (Jesus the Messiah) is in His Teachings. 'Faith' is a spiritual gift passed on through the authentic Scriptures of Eashoa Msheekha, not by reading the falsified Bibles of the West. When Eashoa Msheekha walked the earth, He taught the Faith in His Name to the Disciples. However, 'Justification by Faith' is through the works of 'Faith.' Justification is contingent on action. Faith may be acquired spiritually without works, but the manifestation of Faith in the world must be through the Works of Faith - the Faith in Maran Eashoa Msheekha. Otherwise, what use is faith without works? When people deny that the words of Eashoa Msheekha and the New Testament were recorded in the language that He spoke, (read from, and wrote,) how can they be justified by faith? What faith? Is their faith in their interpretation of the words of Eashoa Msheekha, or is their faith in the actual words of Eashoa Msheekha? They must first admit that the 'Greek Original' is a translation, before they argue that they have the true faith. Read the above 'Hallmarks of this translation' section and you will notice that the Greek-Latin-English translations have major errors.
1. To restore the Apostolic Scriptures for all followers of Eashoa Msheekha.
2. To reconcile doctrinal differences between East and West.
3. To provide every reader interested in the authentic translation of the Scriptures an online source for study.
For more information, click here.
(All fields are optional)
Number of visitors since July 1, 2003
Page updated April 20, 2015