1. And they say, "Let us return and go to Maryah, who struck us and who will heal us, and who has broken us but will bind us.
2. "And we shall rest the days, and on the third day He shall raise us and we shall Live before Him."*
3. And we shall know that we are going toward the knowledge of Maryah, like the dawn that [breaks out on the horizon,] and like the spring rain that soaks the earth.
4. What shall I do for you, Aprim? And what shall I do for you, Judah? Your goodness is like the clouds in the morning, and like the shade that advances and passes.
5. That is why I cut down* the prophets, and killed them by the words* of my mouth, and my judgment comes out like the light of day.
6. Because I am pleased with goodness* and not with sacrifice, and the knowledge of Allaha is better than transient holocausts.
7. And they, as human beings, transgressed my Covenant, and therein lied about me.
8. Gilead is the city where they committed abomination, and was inundated with blood -- your strength is like that of the plunderer.
9. The high priests banded* themselves together on the road, and they killed Shechem, on account of they committed abomination.
10. In the house of Israel I saw numbness; that is where Aprim committed adultery and Israel became defiled.
11. And Judah, I shall make you the harvest, when I cut down my people.
*6:2 NB! Regarding the death and resurrection that Maryah consecrated for the human being.
*6:5.1 Lit. Ar. id.: Or, "Sacrificed."
*6:5.2 Lit. Ar. id.: "Sayings."
*6:6 Lit. Ar. id.: Or "Grace."
*6:9 Lit. Ar. id.: "Conspired."
Hosea Index | Aramaic Bible Index | AAC | Order Books