Hebrews 121. Because of that also, we have all these witnesses around us, like clouds circling us above, that we are relieved of our burdens, also of those sins that we are guilty of* in every season, as we preach the hope [of the Kingdom] and run the course of the struggle that has been vouchsafed us;
2. We gaze upon Eashoa who was the beginning and the fulfillment of faith, who instead of the joy that He possessed, He proffered the Crucifix, conquered its humiliation and sat at the right of the throne of Allaha.
3. Look to what extent He proffered Himself on behalf of sinners, those who were their own stumbling block, that you may not stop and give up.*
4. Neither have you lost any blood* in your struggle against sin yet.
5. Nor have you lost the enlightenment* that He revealed to you as Children,
"Son, neither lose track of Maryah's enlightenment,7. Teach, therefore, this enlightenment because Allaha bequeathed for you this assistance as Children, for who are the children that are not approved by their father?
nor let your soul quake when your loyalty strays from Him.
6. "For Maryah is merciful to whom He sanctifies,*
And is generous to those children whom He has willed."
8. And if you are devoid of this enlightenment, through which all human beings may be sanctified, you are better off with strangers than with children.*
9. And if our parents in the flesh were approving of us and we treated them with deference, how much more ought we to be obliged through submission to our Spiritual parentage and thus live eternally?
10. For they approved us for a short season according to their wishes; however, Allaha [sanctifies] us for our own good,* that we may partake in His holiness.
11. Every form of enlightenment in its season is not proffered as joy, except as a sort of quiescence.* Later, however, it produces fruit of peace and righteousness for those who were trained in it.
12. Because of that let your hands find solutions* and let your knees commence forthrightly,
13. And set your feet on the straight course, so as the handicapped member may not stumble, except become healed.
14. Pursue peace with every human being, and holiness without which no human being will see our Maryah.
15. And take heed that no human being should find you lacking in Allaha's grace, lest the root of bitterness should arise and consume you, by which many are made decrepit.
16. And lest there is found among you a human being who fornicates and divorces -- like Esau who sold his heir's inheritance for one meal.
17. For you know also that even afterwards he wished to inherit "the blessing," but was demoted, for the riches of grace could not be found though he begged for them in tears.
18. For your communion was neither with the holocaust and forging fire, nor with the darkness and the storm and hurricane,
19. Neither [were you called] to hear the sound of the horn and of the words -- those who heard Him asked that no greater words should ever be spoken to them.
20. For they could not preach anything that was commanded, that if they had even offered giant beasts on the mountain, they would be stoned.*
21. And so overwhelming was the vision, Moses said, "I was in total submission and I trembled."
22. You, however, received the communion on Mount Zion and in the city of the Living Allaha, the heavenly Jerusalem and in the presence of the assembly of thousands of angels,
23. And at the church of the heirs who were written of in heaven and in the presence of the Allaha who judges all, and the righteous spirits of those who were preserved [in faith.]
24. And Eashoa the Reconciler of the New Covenant, who sprinkled His blood that spoke better than that of Abel's.
25. Beware then what you ask and of whom you ask that is speaking to you. For if they were not appeased by who spoke to them on earth, how much more are we to be appeased by the One who speaks to me from heaven?
26. The One whose voice shakes the earth. Now He has brought us the message and Told us, "Again, for a season, I will shake not only the earth, except also the heaven."
27.This then that He told us with respect to a season, is an indication of the change that will affect that which is being shaken, for they are the servants, whereas they shall be made stronger so as not to be shaken ever again,
28. Because of this we received the Kingdom that cannot be shaken, and we received the grace by which we serve and glorify Allaha with discipline* and in submission,
29. For our Allaha is a consuming Light.
*12:1 Lit. Ar. idiomatic figure of speech: "That which please us."
*12:3 Lit. Ar. idiomatic expression: "Finish yourself and unravel your soul."
*12:4 Lit. Ar. expression: "Reached blood."
*12:5 Lit. Ar. idiomatic figure of speech: "Civilization."
*12:6 Lit. Ar. id.: Or: "Approves."
*12:8 Lit. Ar. idiomatic construction: "May you have strangers and not children." In other words, "You may as well not have children."
*12:10 Lit. Ar. idiomatic expression: "To assist us."
*12:11 Lit. Ar. figure of speech: "Weakness."
*12:12 Lit. Ar. idiomatic expression: "Your hands loosenings."
*12:20 Lit. Ar. idiomatic figure of speech retained: "Soundly rejected."
*12:28 Lit. Ar. id.: "Leavened."
Hebrews 13 | Bible Index