1. Therefore, hold on to the freedom that the Messiah granted us,* and do not [allow yourselves to be] under the yoke of performing [the Law.] 2. Behold, I, Paul, am telling you, that if you become circumcised, the Messiah does not commend you for it. 3. Again I testify to every human being who is circumcised, that he is responsible to fulfill all the Law. 4. You have relieved yourselves from the Messiah, those of you who have glorified yourselves* by the Law and as such dropped out of grace. 5. For we, through the spirit of faith, are strengthening the hope of sanctification. 6. For through the Messiah Eashoa neither is being in circumcision anything, nor is being outside circumcision anything, except that faith should be perfected* through love. 7. Run the course well. Who made you heedless of the truth? 8. That heedlessness was not from the one who called you. 9. A little yeast leavens the whole dough.
10. I testify on your behalf before our Maryah,* that you have no other opinion. And those who mock you, let them await the Judgment that is coming. 11. I, then, brethren, even if I were still preaching circumcision, why would I be still rejected? Why has the shape of the cross changed?* * 12. Then, let them remain among you, those who strike across your midst in mockery.*
13. You were called to His freedom, brethren, however, let not your freedom be for the sake of the flesh, except let your submission to each other be in love. 14. For all the Law is fulfilled by one manifestation, that you love your kin as yourself. 15. If, however, you grind one another down and chew each other out, see that you do not eliminate* each other. 16. I am telling you then, walk in the Spirit and never be a slave to the pleasures of the flesh. 17. For the flesh enjoys what lowers the spirit, and the spirit enjoys what lowers the flesh, and both of them are a hindrance to each other, so that you can never do what you wish.
18. If then you were fetched by the Spirit, you are not under the Law. 19. For you know the manifestation of the flesh, fornication, evil doing, dissolution, 20. The making of idols, witchcraft, hostility, destructiveness, backbiting, resentfulness, stubbornness, divisiveness, apathy, 21. Killing, murder, drunkenness, [outrageous] singing and the like. And those who devote themselves to such things, as I told you from the start, I tell you now as well, they shall not inherit the Kingdom of Allaha.
22. The fruit of the Spirit, however, are love, joy, peace, compassion, fulfillment, grace, faith, 23. Gentleness, hope -- the Law does not consecrate these. 24. These belong to the Messiah, they crucified the flesh together with all its wounds and lusts. 25. To live thus is by the Spirit and in submission to the Spirit. 26. And [those that live so] are not lacking in bliss that they should torment one another and cut down each other.
Footnotes: *5:1 “Stand therefore through freedom in that which the Messiah freed us.” -- *5:4 Figure of speech: “Sanctified.” -- *5:6 “Developed,” or nurtured. -- *5:10 “I am alibi over you through our Maryah.” -- *5:11. 1 “They, why, voided is the crisscrossing of the Cross?” -- *5:11 and 5:12 Drawing the parallel to the two lines of the Covenant mentioned earlier in the chapter. -- *5:12 “Associate then also cutting they cut those that ridicule you.” -- *5:15 “Sift.”