1. And a man whose name was Ananias, together with his wife, who was famous as a beauty, sold his farm,
2. And he took something from its value and hid it, and he brought some of the money and consecrated it before the feet of the apostles.
3. And Simon told him, "Ananias, how did Satan thus fill your heart, by falsifying the holy Spirit, and hiding from the farm's liquidation money?
4. "Was it not yours until it was sold? And since you sold it, again you had the right over the liquid assets, why then did you put it in your heart to do this act? You did not lie to humanity, except to Allaha."
5. And as Ananias heard these words, he fell down and died, and there was great fear in all those who heard about it.
6. And the young ones among them got up and carried him outside and buried him.
7. And before three hours passed, his wife also entered [the house] while not knowing what had happened.
8. Simon said to her, "Tell me if you netted the same amount of money in the sale of the farm?" She said, "Yes, we netted the same amount of money."
9. Simon told her, "Because you agreed to test the Spirit of Maryah, behold, the feet of those who buried your mate outside, and they will carry you out."
10. And in that very hour, she fell at their feet and died, and the young men entered and found her dead, and they took and buried her next to her mate.
11. And there was great fear in all the congregation and in all those who heard.
12. And there were signs and great deeds performed by the apostles among the people, and they all gathered as one by Solomon's portico.
13. And no strangers* dared to come near them, except the people held them in high esteem.*
14. And the number of those who believed in Maryah grew bigger, a large congregation of men and women.*
15. Thus they took out the bedridden ill to the market places.* That should Simon happen to come by, even if only his shadow would fall* on them, [they would be healed.]
16. There came many to them, from other towns around Jerusalem, while they brought sick people and those who had evil spirits, and they were all restored.
17. And the chief high priest was filled with spite, and all that were with him that followed the doctrine of the Sadducees.
18. And they threw their hands on the apostles, and they took them to prison and chained them.*
19. Then, in the night, the angel of Maryah opened the prison door, and took them out and told them,
20. "Go, stand in the temple and preach to the people all these words of eternal life."
21. And they went out at dawn and entered the temple and they taught. The chief high priest, however, and those who were with him called their companions and the priests of Israel and sent [word] to the prison to bring up the apostles.
22. And as those who were sent by them went, they did not find them in prison, and they returned back.
23. And they said, "We found the prison locked securely, and also the guards were standing at the gate, and we opened it and found no one* there.
24. And as the chief high priests and authorities heard these words, they were affronted by them, and they thought, "What is this?"
25. And there came someone* and informed them, that those men that you thought were in prison, behold, they are standing in the temple and teaching the people.
26. Then the authorities and the footmen went to bring them, without binding them, for they were afraid that the people would stone them.
27. And when they brought them, they stood them before the whole synagogue, and the chief high priest declared, saying,
28. "Did I not give you a command that you should not teach this name to a single human being? Behold, you have filled Jerusalem with your doctrine, and you are wishing to bring the blood of this man upon us."
29. Simon replied, together with the apostles, and told them, "It is our duty to obey Allaha much more than human beings.
30. "The Allaha of Abraham raised Jesus, whom you killed when you hung him on the wood.
31. "To him Allaha appointed as chief Life-giver, and raised him by His right side, as the provider of Grace and Redeemer of sins to Israel.
32. "And us, we are witnesses of these words, and of the holy Spirit, which Allaha gave those who believe in him."
33. And when they heard these words, they became furious and thought of killing them.
34. And there rose one of the Pharisees, whose name was Gamaliel , who taught the Law and was respected by all the people, and he recommended that they take the apostles outside for a short time.
35. And he told them, "Men of Israel, beware of yourself, and see what is your duty in doing to this [type of] person.
36. "For before this period*, there rose Theudas and said of himself that he was something,* and about four hundred men followed him, and he was killed, and those who followed him, scattered and became like nothing.
37. "And there rose after him Judas the Galilean, in the days when they took the census for the head tax, and many people stood by him. And he died and all those who went after him, scattered.
38. "And now I tell you, be done with these people and let them be, since if this thinking and this work were of human origin,* they will be undone and shall pass.
39. "If, however, they are from Allaha, they will not fall* into your hands to be undone, lest you find yourselves standing before Allaha."
40. And they were reconciled by him. And they called the apostles and berated them, and commanded them not to speak in the name of Jesus, and they released them.
41. And they went out from them, delighted that they were worthy to be chastised for the sake of His name.
42. And they did not rest from teaching every day at the temple and at home, and to preach the faith in Maran Eashoa Msheekha.
Acts 6 || index page
*5:13.1 Lit. Ar. idiomatic figure of speech: "From other human beings."
*5:13.2 Lit. Ar. idiomatic expression: "Magnified them."
*5:14 Lit. Ar. idiomatic construction: "And more increased those who believed in Maryah, crowd of men and women."
*5:15.1 Lit. Ar. idiomatic figure of speech: "On the street."
*5:15.2 Lit. Ar. idiomatic figure of speech: "Repeat."
*5:18 Lit. Ar. idiomatic construction: "And they seized, tied them in the prison."
*5:23 Lit. Ar. id.: "Human [being.]"
*5:25 Lit. Ar. id.: "A human [being.]"
*5:36.1 Lit. Ar. id.: "Season."
*5:36.2 Lit. Ar. idiomatic expression: "His thing was Maryah."
*5:38 Lit. Ar. idiomatic construction: "That if it was from human beings came this thought [or pretension] and this workÖ"
*5:39 Lit. Ar. idiomatic figure of speech: "Reach."