1. And as they spoke to the people about these things, the high priest and
Sadducees and authorities rose up against them in the temple,
2. As they were furious against them for teaching the nation about the Messiah, regarding
the Resurrection from the grave.*
3. And they threw their hands over them and held them prisoner until the following
day, because the evening was approaching.
4. And many that heard the manifestation of [the apostles] believed. And they happened
to be five thousand men in number.
5. And on the following day, the authorities and the priests and the scribes gathered,
6. And also Annas, chief on the high priests, and Caiaphas and John and Alexander,
and those who were from the high priests' family*.
7. And as they stood them up in the middle, they asked them, "By what power
or by what name, you perform these [healings]?"
8. Then Simon Keepa [Peter] was filled with the holy Spirit, and he told them, "Authorities
of the nation and priests of the house of Israel, listen.
9. "If we are going to be put on trial daily, regarding the good deeds performed
for humanity, as to who healed this man,
10. "Let this be known among you and all the people of Israel, that in the name
of Eashoa Msheekha the Nazarene*, whom you crucified, whom Allaha raised from the grave,
through him, behold, by him who was raised, this man before you was restored.
11. " 'The stone that, you, builders rejected, became the cornerstone.'
12. "And no one else can Save you! For there is no other name under heaven,
that is given to humanity, through which we receive the Covenant of Life."
13. And as they heard Simon's manifestation, and John's, which they told it openly,
they understood that they did not know the Scripture and the liturgy, and they were
amazed by them, as they recognized them to have gone around with Eashoa.
14. And they saw the cripple who was healed with them, and they could not say anything
15. Then they ordered that they be cast out of their synagogue, and they said one
to the other,
16. "What shall we do to these men, for now, behold, a miracle has been openly
performed by their hands, which is known by all the inhabitants of Jerusalem,"
and they were not able to blaspheme."
17. Except, so as the word should not go out any further among the people, which
did not suit them, [they wished] that they would not speak the name [of
a single human being.*
18. And they called them and ordered them that they are forbidden to speak and teach
in the name of Eashoa.
19. Simon Keepa [Peter] and John replied and told them, "If righteousness before
your Allaha is more important* than Allaha, you be the judge.
20. "For we cannot not speak of what we have seen and heard."
21. And it suited them, and they released them. For they could not find a reason
to put anything on their head, because of the people.* For everyone* glorified
Allaha for what had happened.
22. For he was more than forty years old, the man who was healed by this miracle.
23. And as they were released, they came to their brothers, and reported to them
everything that the high priests and priests said.
24. And as they heard it, like one they raised their voices to Allaha
and said, "Maran, you are the Allaha who created heaven and earth and the oceans and everything
that is in them.
25. "And you are the One who spoke through the holy Spirit by the mouth of David
'Why did the nations revolt
and motherlands contemplate suicide?
26. " 'The kings of the earth and their governors rose
and conspired in unison against Maryah and his Messiah.'
27. "For they truly gathered in this city against your holy
Son Eashoa, whom you Anointed, Herod and Pilate, together with the nations and councils
28. "To do whatever your hand and your will predestined to happen.
29. "And even now, Lord, look and see their calumny, and allow your servants
that they may preach your manifestation in all openness,
30. "As you extend your hand for healings and mighty deeds and miracles, that
they may be performed in the name of your holy Son Eashoa."
31. And as they prayed fervently, there was an earthquake in the country and where
they were gathered, and they were all filled with the holy Spirit, and they spoke
the manifestation of Allaha most openly.
32. And there was then the congregation* that believed as one soul and one faith,
and not one* of them said regarding the money that they earned, that it was theirs.
Except whatever they had, belonged to all of them.*
33. And these apostles gave powerful testimony about the resurrection of
Eashoa Msheekha and there was great grace among them all.
34. And no one* among them went wild. For those who had earned a farm and house sold
it and contributed the liquid assets from what they sold.
35. And they consecrated it by the feet of the apostles, and they gave to each one*
according to their needs.
36. Joseph, however, who was called Barnabas by the apostles, which translates to
son of Generosity, a Levite from the country of Cyprus,
37. Had a farm, which he sold, and he brought the liquid assets and consecrated them
before the feet of the apostles.
Acts 5 || index page