1. And as Simon Keepa [Peter] and John, as one, went up to the temple, at the ninth
hour of prayer,
2. And there was a man crippled from his mother's womb, who was brought by the regulars
and placed at the temple gate, which is called the beautiful, so that he could ask
for alms from those who entered the temple.
3. When he saw Simon and John entering the temple, he asked them for alms.
4. And Simon and John looked at him and told him, "Look at us!"
5. He then looked at them, expecting to receive something from them.
6. Simon said to him, "Gold and silver I have not, except what I have I will
give you. In the name of Lord Eashoa Msheekha the Nazarene*, get up and walk!"
7. And he took him by the right hand and raised him, and in that very hour his legs
and heels were loosened.
8. And he jumped up and walked and entered with them into the temple, while walking
and jumping and glorifying Allaha.
9. And all the people saw him as he walked and glorified Allaha.
10. And they recognized him that he was the beggar that sat every day, asking for
alms, by the gate called the beautiful. And they were filled with amazement and wonder
over what happened.
11. And as he stuck to Simon and John, all the people ran with them while amazed,
to the portico that is called Solomon's.
12. And as Simon saw this, he replied and said, "Men of Israel, why are you
amazed by this? Or why are you staring at us, as if by our power or position* we
did this, so he could walk?
13. "He is the Allaha of Abraham and Isaac and Jacob, the Allaha
of our forefathers
glorified by his Son Eashoa, whom you betrayed and blasphemed against before Pilate's
face, while he offered to release him.
14. "You, however, blasphemed against the holy and righteous, and asked for
a murderer to be given to you.
15. "And the fountainhead of Life you killed,* whom Allaha raised from the grave.
And we are all his witnesses.
16. "And in the faith of his name, this one that you see and know,
and healed, and through the faith that is given by him, this healing was performed,*
before all of you.
17. "Now, brethren, I know that you did this obviously as your leaders did.
18. "And Allaha from the beginning preached through the mouth of all the prophets,
that the Messiah would receive sorrow, which has thus been fulfilled.
19. "Therefore, repent and revert, so that your sins may be voided, and so you
will have seasons of peace before the face of Allaha,
20. "And He will send you that which was consecrated for you through
21. "Which was the covenant from heaven that you should receive, until all the
Ages of which Allaha spoke through the mouth of the holy prophets from [the creation
of] the universe, were fulfilled.
22. "For Moses said, that Maryah will raise up a prophet* for you from our
brothers, like me. Listen to him in everything he speaks with you.
23. "And it shall come to pass, that every soul that does not listen to that
prophet, that soul will be separated* from the nation.
24. "And all the prophets from Samuel and those that followed, spoke and preached
about these days.
25. "You are the children of prophets and the covenant that Allaha
ancestors, as He told Abraham, that through your seed I shall bless all the generations
of the earth.
26. "For you, from olden times, Allaha raised and sent his Son, while He blessed
you, if you will revert and repent from your evil deeds."
Acts 4 || index page