1. And as the days of Pentecost* were fulfilled, they gathered together as one.
2. And there was from the stillness of heaven a sound like the stirring of Spirit,
and the whole house was filled with it, where they were staying.
3. And there appeared to them tongues that cleaved like [flames of] fire, and they
sat on each one of them.
4. And they were all filled by the holy Spirit, and they began reiterating speech
in language after language, as the Spirit gave them to speak.
5. There were men who lived in Jerusalem that feared Allaha,* Jews, from all nations
6. And as that sound was heard,* all the people gathered and there was an uproar,*
because they heard each one of them* speaking in their own languages.
7. And they were all surprised and amazed, as they said one to the other,* "All
these people speaking [different languages,] were they not Galileans?
8. "How can we hear, each one of us,* the language that we were born with?
9. "Parthians and Medes and Elamites and those who live in Bet Nahrein,* Judeans*
and Cappodocians and from the country of Pontus and Asia,
10. "And from the country of Phrygia and Pamphylia and Egypt and the countries
of Libyans that are neighbors of Cyrenia, and those that came from Rome, Jews and
11. "And those from Crete and Arabia, behold, we heard them speaking in our
language, wonders of Allaha!"
12. And they were thus all amazed and shattered, as they said one to the other,*
"What is this utterance?"
13. Others, however, laughed at them, as they said, "They have been drinking
distilled [alcohol] and are drunk."
14. And afterwards, there rose Simon Keepa [Peter,] together with the eleven apostles,
and he raised his voice and told them, "Jewish men, and all who live in Jerusalem,
this is so that you may know, hear my words.*
15. "For you should not expect that they are drunk, behold, it is not even the
third hour yet.
16. "Except, this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel,
17. " 'It will be in the final day, said Maryah,
I will pour my Spirit over all flesh,
And their sons and daughters shall prophesy,
And their grandparents shall see visions,
And their priests shall dream dreams,
18. " 'And over my servants over their mothers,
I will pour out my Spirit, in those days
And they will prophesy.
19. " 'And I will grant signs in heaven,
And greatness on earth,
Blood and fire,
And the sweet smell of burning incense.
20. " 'The sun will be in mourning,*
And the moon will turn to blood,* *
Until Maryah's Day arrives,
In glory and power.*
21. " 'And it shall come to pass,
Whoever calls on the name of Maryah* shall live.'
22. "Men of Israel, listen to these words. Eashoa the Nazarene,*
Man from* Allaha, appeared among you with powers and signs and great deeds, these which
Allaha performed among you by His hand, as you have seen,*
23. "To this One, whom He chose for this [mission,] through His Omniscience*
and Divine will, you betrayed with deliberate intent,* and you crucified and killed
24. "Allaha, however, raised him and untied the bindings* of
Sheol, for Sheol could
not restrain him.
25. "For David prophesied* about him,
'From before everything my Maryah was visible in every season,
He was at my right side, without moving.
26. " 'Because of it my heart rejoices, singing my hymns of glory,
And even my body He shall restore* to hope.
27. " 'As you will not leave my soul in Sheol,
And you will not allow your revered one* to see bondage.
28. " 'You revealed to me the Way of Salvation,*
You shall fill me with the joy of your presence.*'
29. "Brethren,* it is permissible to say to you openly indeed
that the head of our forefathers,* David, that he both died and was buried, and his
grave is with us until today.
30. "For he was a prophet, and he knew that oaths had been sworn by Allaha, that
'Of the fruit of your belly,* I will set [someone] on your throne.'
31. "And he rose [from his sleep] and he saw,* and he prophesied
about the resurrection of Eashoa, that he would neither be left in
Sheol, nor his
body would be held in bondage.
32. "This Eashoa Allaha resurrected and we are all his witnesses.
33. "And thus he ascended by the right hand of Allaha and he consecrated from the
Father the covenant of the Holy Spirit, and he poured out this endowment that, behold,
you have seen and you have heard.
34. "For it was not David who went up to heaven, because he said,
'My Maryah said to my Maryah, sit from my right,
35. Until I make* your enemies the rug under* your feet.'
36. "Truly thus shall come to know the house of Israel, that
Maryah and Msheekha made him Allaha, this Eashoa whom you crucified."
37. And as they heard these things, they were convicted in their hearts, and said
to Simon and the other disciples, "What does it take to become your brethren?"*
38. Simon told them, "Repent and baptize each other* in the name of Maran
for the forgiveness of sins, so as to receive the endowment of the holy Spirit.
39. "For it was to you that the outpouring [was intended,] and to your children,
and to all those far away, that Allaha shall call on."
40. And he gave testimony to them through a great many words, and he besought them,
saying, "Be saved from this floundering generation."
41. And individuals from them, according to their destiny, accepted his manifestation
and believed and were baptized. And they were added to them on that day like three
42. And they were convicted in the knowledge of the apostles, and they participated
in prayer and breaking of the Eucharist*.
43. And there was submission in every soul and great signs, and heroic acts performed
by the apostles in Jerusalem.
44. And all those who believed were like one [body,] and whatever they had, they
45. And those who had assets sold them and divided them, one with the other, as there
46. And every day, they worshipped* in the temple in one spirit, and in the house,
they spread the bounty,* and they received the message of hope as they conducted
Mass, and with contrite hearts,
47. They worshipped Allaha, as they engaged in the fellowship of grace before all the
nation. And Maran Eashoa Msheekha increased them daily, those that Lived in faith.
Acts 3 || index page