1. However, some people came down from Judea and taught the brethren, "They
that are not circumcised according* to the Law, they cannot attain eternal life."*
2. And there was great confusion and questioning of Paul and Barnabas, and so it
came to pass that Paul and Barnabas, and others with them, went up to the apostles
and priests in Jerusalem, because of this question.
3. And the church sent them enthusiastically, and they returned through all of Phoenicia
and also Samaria, while declaring the conversion of the nations, and they brought
great joy to all the brethren.
4. And when they came to Jerusalem, they were received by the church and the apostles
and the priests, and they declared to them everything Allaha did among them.
5. There rose, however, people, those who believed in the learning of the Pharisees
and said, "It is your duty to circumcise them and command them to observe the
Law of Moses."
6. Then the apostles and the priests gathered to see about this manifestation.
7. And as there were many questions, Simon rose up and said to them, "Brethren,*
you do know,* from the first, from my mouth, Allaha chose that the nations should hear
the manifestation of Hope and that they may believe.
8. "And Allaha, who knows what is in the hearts, confirmed* them, and gave them
the Holy Spirit like us.
9. "And he differentiated nothing between us and them, because He cleansed their
hearts through faith.
10. "And now, why are you putting Allaha to the test, like putting yokes on the
heads of the disciples, which neither their ancestors, nor us were able to bear?
11. "Except, through the grace of our Marana Eashoa Msheekha, we believe in the Resurrection*
just like them."
12. And the whole synagogue quieted down, and they listened to Paul and Barnabas,
and they reported all that Allaha had done through their hands, signs and great deeds
for the nation.
13. And after they finished*, James rose up and said, "Brethren,* listen to
14. "Simon has just declared to you how Allaha began to choose from the nations
people for his name.
15. "And hereto their words were fulfilled, as the prophets wrote,
16. " 'After this I shall return and raise the fallen abode
And build up what fell off of it, and I shall raise it.
17. " 'As the rest of humanity search for Maryah,
And all the nations over whom my name is called,'*
Said Maryah, who makes all of these things.
18. "You know these from the [beginning of the] universe are
the deeds of Allaha.
19. "Because of this I say, do not be suspicious of those from the nations who
return back to Allaha.
20. "Except, we shall be their apostles, so they may be finished with the defilement
of sacrifices and fornication and the strangled [animals,] and blood.
21. "For Moses, from the first centuries, in every city, had preachers in synagogues,
who read him every Sabbath."
22. Then the apostles and the priests, together with all the church, chose some men
from themselves and sent them to Antioch with Paul and Barnabas, [also] to
who is called Barsabbas, and Shila*, men who were leaders among the brethren.
23. They wrote a letter with their own hands thus, "Apostles and priests and brethren,
to those who are in Antioch and Syria and Cilicia, brethren from all nations, shalom*.
24. "We heard that some men of ours went out and were impertinent with words
and put doubts in your hearts,* while saying, 'You should be circumcised and observe
the Law,' these which we did not instruct them [to tell you.]
25. "Because of this we decided all of us, while gathered, to choose some men
and send them with our beloved Paul and Barnabas,
26. "People who have devoted their souls on behalf of our Maran
27. "And we are sending with them Judah and Shila, that they may tell through
manifestation* all these things.
28. "For it was according to the will of the Holy Spirit and also us, that too
much burden should not be placed* on you, except for the following restrictions.
29. "To distance yourselves from sacrifices and blood and strangled [animals,]
and from fornication, as you guard yourselves from these things you will do well.*
Remain faithful in our Lord."*
30. Those who were sent [as apostles] then, came to Antioch and gathered all the
people and gave them the letter.
31. And as they read it, they rejoiced and took heart.
32. And through many manifestations, they strengthened the brothers, and they were
upheld by Judah and Shila, because they too were prophets.
33. And as they were there some time,* the brethren released them in peace to the
34. Since it was the desire of Shila to remain there.
35. Paul and Barnabas remained in Antioch, and they taught and preached, together
with many others, the Manifestation of Allaha.
36. And after some days, Paul said to Barnabas, "Let us return and visit the
brethren in every town where we preached the Manifestation of Allaha
and see what they
37. Barnabas, however, wished to bring along John, who was known as Mark.
38. Paul did not wish to bring him along, because he had left them in Pamphylia and
had not gone with them.
39. Because of this however, they separated from each other. And Barnabas fetched
Mark and went off and left for Cyprus.
40. Paul then chose Shila and went out, while he was commended by the brethren to
the grace of Allaha.
41. And he went back to Syria and Cilicia and he built churches.
Acts 16 ||