1. And it was learned by the apostles and the brethren in Judea, that the nations also accepted the Manifestation* of Allaha.
2. And when Simon went up to Jerusalem, those of the circumcision called him to task,*
3. While they said that, he went in and ate with heathens.
4. And Simon recounted one after the other,
5. "While I prayed, I saw in a vision a tray that resembled a [table] cloth, tied by four corners, and lowered from heaven and coming down to me.
6. "And I looked inside it and saw four-legged animals, and creatures of the earth and also birds of the sky.
7. "And I heard the voice that told me, 'Simon, get up, slaughter and eat.'
8. "And I said, 'Perish the thought, Maran, I have never eaten anything that which makes one unclean and defiled.'
9. "And again the voice told me from heaven, 'That which Allaha has cleansed, will not defile you.
10. "This was the third time, and everything went up to heaven.
11. "And in that very hour three men who were sent to me from Cornelius, from Caesarea, came and stood at the door of the courtyard where I was staying,
12. "And the Spirit told me, 'Go with them without hesitation.' And they came with me, and also the six brethren, and we entered the man's house.
13. "And he related to us how he saw the angel in his house, who stood and told him, 'Send to the town of Joppa, and bring Simon who is called Keepa [Peter,]
14. "And he will speak with you the words by which you shall attain everlasting life,* you and all that are in your house.
15. "And as I found myself there speaking, the holy Spirit descended on them just as it had upon us from old.
16. "And I remembered the meaning of Maryah's words, who said that John baptized by Water, you however shall baptize by the holy Spirit.
17. "If thus Allaha furnishes His gift to the nations, those who believe in our Maran Eashoa Msheekha like us also, who am I to consider stopping Allaha?"*
18. And as they heard these words, they calmed down and glorified Allaha, and they said, that even to the nations Allaha has given the grace of everlasting life.*
19. Those, however, who scattered from the persecution that occurred against Stephen, reached all the way to Phoenicia, also to the country of Cypress and Antioch, while they did not speak of the Milta* among the people, except only between themselves, with the Jews alone.
20. There were some people with them from Cypress and Cyrenia, those who entered Antioch, and they spoke with the Greeks and preached the Salvation of Maran Eashoa.*
21. And the hand of Maryah was with them, and many believed and turned back to Maryah.
22. And this was heard by the ears of the church members* in Jerusalem, and they sent Barnabas to Antioch.
23. And as he came there and saw the grace of Allaha, he was overjoyed, and he begged them to imitate Maryah with all their heart.
24. For he was a blessed man, and they asked through the holy Spirit and faith, and Maryah's people increased greatly.
25. And he went out to Tarsos in search of Saul.
26. And when he found him, he brought him with him to Antioch, and the whole year they gathered as one in the church, and they taught many people. From then on, for the first time, they were called in Antioch, the Christian disciples.
27. And in those days, there came prophets from Jerusalem there.
28. And there rose one whose name was Agabos. He informed them in Spirit that there was a great famine in all the earth. And that was the famine during the days of Claudius Caesar.
29. Hence, the disciples according to what they had each one,* chose to send aid to the brethren who lived in Judea.
30. And they sent it through Barnabas and Saul, to the priests there.
Acts 12 || index page
*11:1 "Eashoa Msheekha."
*11:2 Lit. Ar. idiomatic expression: "Judged with him."
*11:14 Lit. Ar. idiomatic expression: "By which you shall Live."
*11:17 Lit. Ar. idiomatic construction: "To be at a loss in stopping Allaha?"
*11:18 Lit. Ar. idiomatic expression: "Grace to Lives."
*11:19 Lit. Ar. id.: "Manifestation." Reference to Eashoa Msheekha (Jesus the Messiah).
*11:20 Lit. Ar. idiomatic construction: "And offered the hope of Maran Eashoa."
*11:22 Lit. Ar. idiomatic figure of speech: "Children of."
*11:29 Lit. Ar. idiomatic figure of speech: "To human [being] human [being.]"